Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have also found evidence of a 79 LTD diamond jubilee at an old wreckers i visit sometimes, the rear qurter windows said diamond jubilee, and it was fully loaded with all the options, and interior with what seemed to look like mercury seats.

Panther7t9 now has the rear quarter windows out of it
    here they are

Comment

Take that grill.

Oh and I just remembered That the 89 (Sig pic) came with brown vinyl seats and the rubber "carpet" and the power trunk release was moved from the glove box to over under the right hand side of the speedo.
      Last edited by interceptor1985; 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM.
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

meanvic84 alredy did lol, i have 2 79 LTD grills alredy, but i am takeing that bumper next time i go

Comment

is it still any good or is it just for parts?
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

the bumper or the car? the bumper just has a dent that i can repair easy, the car,, i would emagine u could fix it up, but it would take alot of time and money

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
              i have also found evidence of a 79 LTD diamond jubilee at an old wreckers i visit sometimes, the rear qurter windows said diamond jubilee, and it was fully loaded with all the options, and interior with what seemed to look like mercury seats.
              I think I've finally figured it out. Diamond Jubilee is usually a 75 anniversery. Ford was started in 1903, making it's Diamond Jubilee 1978 (like the Thunderbirds). Ford of Canada started production in 1904, making it's Diamond Jubilee 1979 and that would explain the car! Does Canada have different dealership broshures?
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

im pretty sure we do, ive bought mix matched canadian vehicles listed and american. my 81 brouchure lists all canadian models iirc

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Great site, guys! I am quite certain this is the place to ask this question:

In that Box History word doc, its noted that the 351 was available in fleet (i.e. police issue) vehicles all the way to 1991. No dispute on that. My question is, was the 351 available in California through and past 1989? If so, anyone that can confirm an engine block casting number from one of those cars (I have E5AE-AA E4AE-FA, but not sure at all if that's correct) would get the super internet star of the day vote from me.

Thanks again,
                  -Mirror

Comment

Newly updated:

LINKY

Let me know if you find any dead links...

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Wow, I just saw the site. Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!

We need to put a link to this on the front page. I really like the layout you used!!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That is super sexy!
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Awesome!! very cool!

I do have a question though, for the 1986 year, there were crown victoria "S" models?? such as the LTD-S models from 1979-1982? I'm a little confused and curious about this, can anyone please explain?
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            Awesome!! very cool!

I do have a question though, for the 1986 year, there were crown victoria "S" models?? such as the LTD-S models from 1979-1982? I'm a little confused and curious about this, can anyone please explain?
                            Oo that's an error on my part. You indirectly caught it. That should be down under 1987. The "S" as a separate model reappeared in 1987. It's like the the ones from 1980-1982; a base model. 1983-1986 had base models, they just didn't have their own unique body code.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Crosshatched dash vents? Must explain.

Might also mention that only 5.0 motors got rollercams for '86.

Didn't know that about the "S" model for earlier years ... were they associated with certain VIN codes? (my base zero-options LTD, for example, is "P32")

No mention on *what* carburetors were used .... my '79 351 had a 2150, while my '81 255 had a Holley.

What Panthers were ever offered with a C6?

Also, last line under 1980: "Made due" != "made do".
                              Last edited by 1987cp; 01-28-2009, 11:05 PM.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                Crosshatched dash vents? Must explain.

Might also mention that only 5.0 motors got rollercams for '86.

Didn't know that about the "S" model for earlier years ... were they associated with certain VIN codes? (my base zero-options LTD, for example, is "P32")

No mention on *what* carburetors were used .... my '79 351 had a 2150, while my '81 255 had a Holley.

What Panthers were ever offered with a C6?

Also, last line under 1980: "Made due" != "made do".
                                Earlier Vents:

Crosshatched vents (not the best picture, but you get the idea), they put a little "cage" in front of the air direction directors:

I believe the early "S" models also had their own VIN code. I will have to check when I get home tomorrow.

The carburetors are a confusing issue. The general rule is a 7200VV on 255 ('81-'82), 302 USA ('79-'82), and 351W USA ('82-'91) Ford/Merc Panthers. The exceptions are '79-'81ish 351W with Motorcraft 2150, and the '79-'85 Canadian 302's. Don't have a timeline on the Canadian 351W. Holley shouldn't have been original equipment to my knowledge.

I believe the C6 was available '79-'80, along with the FMX and C4 (and AOD in '80). If anyone knows otherwise, I'll get teh History changed ASAP.

Will mention the '86 Roller 5.0 specifically and change the grammar mistakes! Thanks for finding those!

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                                X