Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, UPS attempted delivery at 1pm today...of course, no one home to sign for it and since I live in an Apt complex, they cannot leave it on the doorstep(part of policy).
    so, I'm going over to the UPS Depot tonite straight after work...adn I mean straight after work.
    they really have this set up ghey....the only time I can pick up my package is between 8pm and 8:30pm SHARP....thats it...because all trucks are back by 8pm and they close at 9pm....so I guess I can see the reasoning..but its still ghey....what really sux is the fact that this place is 20mins from my work...so if I got out late...I wouldnt get there in time.

oh well...I will have some pics of Teh Carb tonite for you anxious mangs.
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Go early. last time i picked up a box at the DHL office i was half an hour early and my truck was back

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I tried that once..they woudlnt let me in.
        not even at like 7:58. :no:
        plus, I dont get off work until 8pm anyway.
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

UPS = morons
          But since you live in an apartment complex, can't you have them deliver it at the management office? That's what I do all the time, when they leave me a failed delivery notice I just tell them to drop the stuff off at the office (there's a section on the back of the notice that is intended for that, leaving messeges to the UPS drivery) and then Beth or Tess signs for it and calls me up when they got stuff for me.

Comment

ok..I got the carb..much to my suprise, I open it up and it is NOT the Carb I ordered.
            I ordered the one with the Chrome finish...Invoice says that's what I ordered and that's what I was charged for....but..got the wrong one.
            I just emailed them since their office is closed...if I dont hear from them on my phone by lunchtime tomorrow, I'm going to call them and get the right Carb asap.

but, just to be true to my word, here's what I got...Holley 600cfm with Mechanical Secondaries and manual choke.

sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Looks nice even though it's not chrome! I assume that's whichever one has the more adjustable calibration?

I wonder how long it'll be before you get an electric-choke kit like I did for my erstwhile EDL-1404 .... :p
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

double pump mechanical secondary carb? Hm, if I'm not mistaken that sounds exactly like what was suggested to stay away from.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:nonono: Well, this is a surprise. You are going manual trans soon I hope?

Comment

if you guys dont mind me asking, why is it so bad? besides all the things you mangs have already mention.

also this is what colin wanted, if he likes it then so be it, he made the decision already so he has to live with it.

and is this the one you should of got?
                    Last edited by Rojas109; 10-18-2007, 12:22 AM.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      double pump mechanical secondary carb? Hm, if I'm not mistaken that sounds exactly like what was suggested to stay away from.
                      Lol, yeah, talk about being stubborn Not all is lost tho, here's why - around town and on the freeway I run exclusively on primaries, the secondaries open only when I need to haul ass, he has slightly larger primaries so I see no reason why he can't use only those for his regular daily commute, just like I do. Also I see he has a secondary metering block, which is a good thing as it adds more tuning options.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Looks nice even though it's not chrome! I assume that's whichever one has the more adjustable calibration?

I wonder how long it'll be before you get an electric-choke kit like I did for my erstwhile EDL-1404 .... :p
                        Yep, basics start at primary and secondary jets and primary power valve, and go to damn near infinity. It's a real nice carb if you're willing to take the time to learn how to tune it, and if Colin is lucky he will have a secondary power valve too that adds even more fun to teh game.

As far as electric choke - hell no, it's a performance car, manual choke all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                          I wouldn't go with an AVS carb...stick with the Performer (Performer=AFB, right? I can't keep all these new fangled Edelbrock names straight--I'm too accustomed to Carters!). No problems with secondary transition area missing on the Performers. AVSs always liked to miss when you just barely had the secondaries open; at least the old Carters did. Not sure if the newer ones are that way as well, but I'd be willing to bet they are.
                          Hmmm a Carter guy huh? My Jeep has two options for carbs.....one is a Carter and the other is a Motercraft...I have the same Motercraft 500cfm that is found on the 460ci ford.
                          I would say Get a Edelbrockand I think they can be had for around 250 rebuilt......I need to look for a new carb too......or rebuild the one I got now....Anybody know how much a rebuild kit costs for a motercraft 500cfm? I think its a spreadbore...im not sure?
                          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                            Yep, basics start at primary and secondary jets and primary power valve, and go to damn near infinity. It's a real nice carb if you're willing to take the time to learn how to tune it, and if Colin is lucky he will have a secondary power valve too that adds even more fun to teh game.

As far as electric choke - hell no, it's a performance car, manual choke all the way!
                            My Capri has NO choke
                            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
                              My Capri has NO choke
                              And how do you start it in the winter? Mine with no choke = the bitch on cold mornings, and we gonna have plenty of those in the next few months. With the manual choke tis almost perfect tho, starts right up every time, no need to even help it with the gas pedal like some cars want

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                It's an all-new bog-free Holley. I thought you got the memo?

This should be an indication of future requests for advice....ask for advice, then ignore it all. It's his choice, of course. I lose exactly .0000000000000000000000000000000000010 seconds of sleep per decade because of it.

However, I do think this thread needs to be retitled "time for a new carb (Advice Needed, but the only advice I am going to take is from my Uncle who can't tune a regular Holley, and got me to piss away $400+ on a double pumper that is too much carb to begin with, and will be completely clueless about tuning this one, also, but at least I am giving everyone here the illusion that I value their advice, someday, I may actually have to use it)".

I am predicting 6-8 mpg, during cruise.
                                Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2007, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X