Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As I save for my Duals, I'm wondering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,
    It sounds pretty good. It's mellow in the car, louder outside. (wifey says very loud).
    I actually wish it was a bit louder inside, but I know that won't happen with the cats in place.
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Looks decent! Too bad you didn't reuse the stock two-bolt flanges behind the cats, but that system should serve you very well.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah I know (about the flanges) and here's the weird part. They didn't cut all the 2" stuff off. They left the very edge of it as a slip-joint as the 2.25" fit over it perfectly. I didn't like that (and it's still bugging me) but it was pointed out that the crush-bends were about the same inner diameter so it shouldn't really matter, I hope so anyway, cause I feel like I should have raised a fuss about it. Still for the price they did it for, and the way they tucked it up so high......and the fact that if it ever rusts through they are going to have to cut it all off and re-do it anyway (free), I guess I'm content.

Car really doesn't feel all that stonger, but 10hp probably is not that easy to feel a difference of either. Seems to fire-of better on start-up and the off-idle responce is a tad better too. When it upshifts @ WOT it does feel stronger at the "bottom" of the next gear.

Oh, and apparently it's a LOT louder on the outside as everyone can here me before the see me now.
        Former panther owner
        1981 CV 351 4bbl
        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Yeah, it is funny how the pipes there are about 2.25" OD. That's why on my very first dual exhaust effort, I ended up cutting the flanges off and clamping four 2.25" 45-degree bends right after it to hook up mufflers.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

very nice! looks great! what mufflers did you end up going with?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Mufflers are magnaflow. Not sure which model.
              Former panther owner
              1981 CV 351 4bbl
              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Looks pretty good. Different crossover and all.

Comment

vids are up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUXCs20ipSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_tzGEoIkww
                  Former panther owner
                  1981 CV 351 4bbl
                  1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Sounds nice.
                    1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                    1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                    1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                    1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Sounds smooth and mellow Is that what you were (hopefully) going for?

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah that is more or less what I wanted. I wouldn't mind if it got a bit louder as it burned in though. I do like loud rumbly exhaust, but I don't need the attention that comes with it.
                        Former panther owner
                        1981 CV 351 4bbl
                        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

They are 14" case, so must be model #11235
                          Former panther owner
                          1981 CV 351 4bbl
                          1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by 70torino429 View Post
                            its not illegal in new hampshire or massachussetts.
                            the basic deal is that if the car came with a cat is susposed to have one. any persion knowling removing a funcional cat can be fined along with the shop that thay are doing the work in. the basic loop hole is that if you diddent know it was illegal to remove a cat. u can useusaly get away with it. now that mass changed the laws again now only obd-2 vehicles (96 and newer but ive herd of aero 92 vic with obd-2) must pass emmissions. vehicles prior to that (obd-1 and older) only have to pass a visiual inspection. o and thay started installing cats on cars in the mid 70s.

Comment

I enjoy the laws here..1991+ needs to have cats. I like my '90 Can't wait to take those bastards off of there...
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by dragginwaggin View Post
                                the basic deal is that if the car came with a cat is susposed to have one. any persion knowling removing a funcional cat can be fined along with the shop that thay are doing the work in. the basic loop hole is that if you diddent know it was illegal to remove a cat. u can useusaly get away with it. now that mass changed the laws again now only obd-2 vehicles (96 and newer but ive herd of aero 92 vic with obd-2) must pass emmissions. vehicles prior to that (obd-1 and older) only have to pass a visiual inspection. o and thay started installing cats on cars in the mid 70s.
                                The new law (for mass) is pre-96 is exempt. Cut and clear.

On a 96+ car there is no way to get away with it.

If they give you grief about a pre-96 car there's an easy solution, "i bought it that way"

Comment

Working...
                                X