No announcement yet.

Random miss fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I don't understand, I did a carb swap what maybe 3 months ago. N bought a NEW distributor at the time, so it doesn't even have 3000 miles on it. I did put a different plug in it, but its an autolite 25,all I had at the house. all the others are 26s so I have to buy a plug today.
    I really don't know how the oil got in there. It miss fired again on my way to work.... I'm going to try and add a ground wire to the ignition box, maybe that will help. Its really startin to aggravate me!
    sigpic

Comment

find your reciept, exchange the distributor

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Ya I think the perfect time to do that would be when I pull the intake to fix the oil leak. Only bad thing, is I have to have them order one first, cuz they don't stock them. O well.
        sigpic

Comment

Well guys I believe the problem is fixed. I had them get me another distributor, and I installed it. Set the. Timming and took the car for a 15-20 mile drive, and it ran perfect! When I had the two distributors side by side, I spun the shafts by hand, and the one I bought 2 months ago, kind of rattled a bit, the one I got today was nice and quiet. So my guess is there was something wrong with the mechanical advance on the old one.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X