No announcement yet.

number of cylinders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve lash is for solid cams. With a hydraulic you'll be setting preload. Which you will be adjusting using a combination of shims and aftermarket pushrods if you retain the stock pedestal-mount rockers.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

You won't need to adjust anything assuming you use the stock-style pedestal mount rocker arms. Drop the lifters in, drop the pushrods in, bolt down your rocker arms (25 ft./lbs. if I remember right, but look it up to be sure) and go.

EDIT: Michael beat me to it, but as long as he's using a cam that isn't horribly wild, i.e., stock HO or Exploder cam, aftermarket pushrodneys and rocker shims shouldn't be a concern, should they?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Should just bolt up and work, but you always want to check it to be sure. I've only ever once done a real HO conversion using a used lopo block, but it did come out dead nuts with the preload, and that part of the engine is quiet.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

"Dead nuts" would be exactly how my Explorer cam worked out when installed with milled E7s and the shortblock's original pushrods, lifters, and pedestal rockers. My other 5.0L got out its cell phone and asked me for 6.300" rods, but the used ones I got off Corral.net turned out to be 6.400", so I got to order up a rocker shim kit and run all .090" of shimmage.

But, if he's looking forward to all the fun of an old-school valve lash adjustment, he'll more than enjoy the simplicity of a basic preload check.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
          X