No announcement yet.

[HELP] MORE TROUBLE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well im throwin new plugs and wires and a new map sensor on it here in a min.

i took it for a drive with the ac unplugged and its still acting like a ku-nt

now like 10-15 seconds into its low idle it rough idles...

hopefully the new parts will help... i miss cruisin
    "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Police Window Grates, Police Divider With Locking Window, G3 ALTERNATOR UPGRADE!

Comment

OK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

NEW PLUGS, NEW WIRES, NEW MAP SENSOR,

still rough idleing but its more of a super low idle now then rough so much but its almost as if she wants to die but it stays running just a realy low low idle... (TPS???)

the exhaust smells like ANUS!

what elce can it be...

i took a spray bottle of 10% dish soap, 90% water and sprayed the black/red hose from the map 2 the motor and there where no bubbles... sooooooooooooo no leaks...

what now?
      "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Police Window Grates, Police Divider With Locking Window, G3 ALTERNATOR UPGRADE!

Comment

I had many of the same problems you had and switched out many of the parts. In the end it was not until I buckled down and replaced as many hoses as possible that the vehicle ran well.

Yes time intensive however low cost and well worth the effort.

I am getting 21-22 mpg on the highway and 15-16 in town with some A/C.

Comment

the vacuum lines are under vacuum, they will not bubble with soap. Thats for checking for air leaks. Bend the rubber lines around your fingers and look for cracks.

CFI cars also have issues with the timing chains. If its got over 80k on it, its probably due for a timing chain at this point. They used to use shitty single row chains with plastic teeth on the cam gear. When that wore out, it slopped around really badly, causing the car to run really screwed up.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
            these cars will eat and shit out expensive plugs. Just get your basic resistor plugs. They were designed for such and will screw over anything other. The ONLY platinum plug I've found that's worth half a sneeze is the autolite platinums. The bosch plats are way too thin and will destroy themselves within 20k miles. My cars like the basic autolite resistor plugs (similar to the motorcraft plugs) just fine.
            actually i have been running my autolite iridiums for a while, with good results.
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

ok so where cn i get replacement hoses for the map and all tha jazz cuz im quite annoyed,
              "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

go to the auto parts store with samples of the sizes you need. They have rolls of the stuff in the back.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well i have the same tuype of tubeing but its the clear kind.... would it work?
                  "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

As long as it won't collapse under vacuum. Some types aren't rigid enough to not suck flat.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                      actually i have been running my autolite iridiums for a while, with good results.
                      seems that the problem may be more brand than type then. Autolite seems to get it right while Bosch seems to skimp on the element and it burns up too fast.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

What I found on hoses was buy fuel grade as they are thicker and stronger ==> Longer Life. Extra $0.50 a foot now saves time later.

Comment

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum my other thought is.... FUEL FILTER?
                          "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

As cheap as a fuel filter is, it's definitely worth removing it as a variable. If you don't know when the last time it was done was, then it's time to do it.
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                            91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                            93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                            Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                            Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                            95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

yell you see i have no auto mechanic exp. what so ever so all i need is some 1 to tell me where it is located and how 2 change it and i can do it.
                              "Vikky"

1985 Crown Vic LTD!

Comment

passenger side, forward of the rear wheel. 2 small screws remove the plastic cover. There are two plastic things that look like hair pins that secure the lines to the filter. Remove those, and the lines just pop off. Keep your face away from the filter or you'll get a face full of gas. Best to do this after the car has been sitting, otherwise the fuel system is under pressure.

You know, theres a fella in your general area that is good with CFI cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X