Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

location of several things/ general maintenance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the hose an actual part or is it just replaced with vac hose or what?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the hose is generally a oil/chemical resistant type. Regular vacuum hose is not.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i figured it would be different, carrying fuel and oil vapors and whatnot..thanks
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990ltd View Post
          also;

what's on the left looks like the valve i see being replaced in an article on linconsonline.com. Why is the valve i've got different?

on the bottom valve, the plastic "t" comes off, and you have the correct pcv for your car.

Comment

hey dude

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            i figured it would be different, carrying fuel and oil vapors and whatnot..thanks
            just use fuel line i think i used 1/2 or 5/8 cant remember. you can order a molded replacement but it isnt required. just be sure to use the 90 elbow that comes with replacement valve it will cut down on the bends in the hose.
            My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

trans cooler line turns to jello after a while. Fuel hose probably holds up better. I'll have to change mine when I get a chance.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by HATNINJA View Post
                just use fuel line i think i used 1/2 or 5/8 cant remember. you can order a molded replacement but it isnt required. just be sure to use the 90 elbow that comes with replacement valve it will cut down on the bends in the hose.
                PCV line? I think I've always used 3/8".
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

3/8 sounds right, or 11/32. Not sure why they sell vacuum line in 1/32" increments.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

two parts stores today can't get the grommet, only the pcv valve. what the fuck is that? anyone wanna go grab one for me at a shop and throw it in an envelope?
                    sigpic

Comment

yup

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      3/8 sounds right, or 11/32. Not sure why they sell vacuum line in 1/32" increments.
                      yeah man it prolly was 3/8 now that you mention it i just had some in the garage, fuel line i just grabbed it and didnt look at the size.
                      My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

This is stuff I had in my notes. Parts below are ones used on my 1989. The paragraph at bottom is from Lincolns-Online, I think. There is a picture that won't past in here. I think I have a pdf file explaining the maintenance. Drop me a note if someone wants it.

• PVC Valve: Motorcraft EV-98-B
                        • PVC Retainer: Motorcraft F7CZ-6A892-AA [NOTE: Made in China]
                        • PVC Screen (Element – Filter): MotorCraft FA-1068

Where is this pvc valve and filter located exactly ? I couldn't find it. photos ?

It is hidden behind the intake manifold, next to the firewall. It actually goes into the lower intake.
                        How about an illustration? Unfortunately, it does NOT show the SCREEN which goes UNDER part (2). The screen is one of the MOST important parts of this system as it grabs solids in both directions (if the pcv valve fails or sticks). It the first part on the left in the first picture in this thread. It also still has the tapping screw in it that I used to remove the screen.

also see these lower intakes on the bench. The dark circle dead center is the PCV valve port. It's in the same place your Lincoln Mark VII.
                        Last edited by Ringting; 08-14-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X