Stupid injector question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid injector question.

If I change the CFI fuel injectors for ones off an efi car would I see any better performance? What are the flow ratings for each?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

I don't know, but I'll pretty much lay a hefty sum of money on the bet that it would greatly decrease performance. CFI injectors are setup to feed multiple cylinders, where as EFI injectors are setup to feed 1.

Comment

That's what I thought. I cleaned my egr and while I had the cfi off I was pondering whether or not it would work and I didnt think so anyway.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Like I said though, I don't know. That's just what I think. It would be nice to get a real number value to compare.

Comment

i beleive the cfi injectors flow more for the reason Blaze stated, it has more cylinders to feed than an efi injector
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

it wont work.......we disected a cfi at scottfest and compared fuel injectors.......the cfi ones are different, and they are going to be bigger than 14 or 19 lb ea (i hope lol)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah, I looked at em too, the efi ones are smaller.

Comment

CFI injectors are like 48lb/hr, EFI are 14lb/hr
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                  it wont work.......we disected a cfi at scottfest and compared fuel injectors.......the cfi ones are different, and they are going to be bigger than 14 or 19 lb ea (i hope lol)
                  :stupid:

Wasn't I the one who tore the injectors out of a CFI car with a hammer?

I compared them with a regular 24 lb injector, and they appeared to be almost the same color...

They aint the same tho...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yeah, the CFI ones are funky looking. I'm curious if the HO CFI has a higher flow injector, but probably not.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

pete had gotten a ho cfi setup off of ebay and he said the injectors look identical
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Put 8 CFI injectors on your EFI
                        :slug:

Yea, I know, shut up
                        2000 Grand Marquis LS
                        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                        Mercury Owners Group member
                        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

yah, the injectors are the same in HO and regular CFI, unlesss I got ripped off by the guy on ebay.
                          The computer he sent me is a different part number than mine tho, and ran way lean as I exected the HO computer to, so they may be true CFI HO app parts.
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                          X