No announcement yet.

CFI to Carb 85 Grand Marquis HELP HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for you Bobcat. only had the stock cfi carb air cleaner but as you can see it seems to fit just fine. I'm sure the aftermarket ones will have even more room
    Click image for larger version

Name:	carb1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1276651

Name:	carb2.jpg
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1276652

Comment

Got a Protronix unit for the autolite dizzy. Running the fuel lines is become a PITA. I had all new nylon lines installed I've got the pressure line all set to the regulator but had to cut the return line because the coupler broke when removing the metal line.I picked up a repair kit.... (expensive for what you get) I have the union mated to the repair line. I was able to do that in the garage with a heat gun on medium setting. now I have to heat the return line going to the tank with the heat gun,,,, don't like the idea but it is what it is,
      And no, no, no the hot water trick Dorman suggest is bullsh*t. I'll let you know if I make it or not lol.

Comment

Almost there. Just have to rewire the electric fuel pump, run the new water and oil gauges. set the throttle cable and hook up the kick down (have all the kick down parts.) Hope to have all done by tomorrow. Snow coming in on Wednesday.

Name:	14 - 4.jpg
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1276750Click image for larger version

Name:	14 - 1.jpg
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	1276751Click image for larger version

Name:	14 - 2.jpg
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1276752Click image for larger version

Name:	14 - 3.jpg
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	1276753

Comment

had her running (for a bit) today. had to dump some gas down the carb. Having a problem getting the Fuel pump working. Had to cut the wires going to the ECM. I have the Orange with black stripe going back to the cockpit and have the pink with black going to the bottom of the starter solenoid. I have a Red wire and brown with green (I think) that need to be hooked up I believe the brown is the ground and the red goes to ignition but not sure. I think the pink with black needs to be hot all the time but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The plug that has the Orange wire going to it has two wire that I had to clip. One is Green with purple stripes and the other is red.

I want to run this with as much stock as I can but thinking I may have to just redo the electrics to the pump all together.

Name:	z1.jpg
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1276755

Name:	z2.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1276756

Comment

Motor is pretty well set,. Carb and kick down are fine. Having trouble getting the fuel pressure down to 6 1/2 to 7. Not sure if it's the regulator or the gauge.
            Still have to get the tail pipes installed. Have a set of stock (new) sedan tail pipes, I think the muffler man can cut and bend to fit behind the rear tires. That and remove the cats.
            Still have to set the gauges up, just running the water temp, oil pressure and volt meter for the time being.
            Needs a front end alignment I think..... feels a lot different with the 16's on there.

The car does shit and get now.... hope the mileage got up from 5 mph lol.
            Can anyone suggest a short center console I could use. I like the 40 60 style front seats and they are in great shape.
            Would like a place to put gauges and cup holders.

Comment

Any updates on this? Did you use the stock fuel lines and all?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Give me a little time and I'll take some pics and answer your questions.

Comment

Working...
                X