No announcement yet.

1970 351W 4V Factory cast heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4V is four venturi, or four barrel. Ford did not make four valve heads for this motor.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ThankYou
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

He does have receipts and told me the name of the shop and the guy who redid them and it all seems okay so far. I am going sunday to look at them, ill keep you guys posted.

Comment

check the dyno comparison on the 2v vs 4v heads on powerblock.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            check the dyno comparison on the 2v vs 4v heads on powerblock.
            http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode/...2#.VMb-W_7F_ao
            THATS A 351C not a 351W different engines to use 351C heads on a 351W different pistons are needed and water jacket mods are required to use 4V 351C heads the bores in the 351W need to be notched to clear the valves and a after market intake. 351C heads do work great on a 351W after all the mods.

There are actual 4 valve heads for a 302 / 351W they are hard to find and are only good to around 6000 rpm do to design limitations on the valve train. FMS had them in thier catalog for a couple years. There are also 3 valve heads by Gurny Westlake which were about the best SBF head better than the 4V 351C heads but very rare almost purchased a set for my Shelby GT350 if I hadnt been drafted.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Sure are neat lookin'

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

that's fun. I've heard of these, but first time I'd ever seen pics.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks like a mechanical clusterfuck.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Looks like a mechanical clusterfuck.
                    Yea thats why they were RPM limited good for midrange though.
                    Used to work with the engineer behind thier design. Guy was over 80 years old. Also responceable for copying the GT40 heads from the DOOE heads intake runners and older 260 heads exhaust ports. He was also working on a tunnel port Pinto 2.3 head while I was working on a split port version. The split port kick butt. Niether were produced as the engine was slated to be discontinued. My split port was in testing stages when it became more important to work on the Auston Martin engine per Advance engine designs new department manager. Bit of a wrong move in my book but thats politics.
                    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                    X