Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insane Idea - 460 CID (Now 351w options)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I'm going for shorty headers...

Also, what rear differential should I get?

Comment

Also, my mechanical abilities are irrelevent. I will be paying a skilled mechanic to assist me with all this.

Comment

So I contacted Summit Racing about cylinder heads, those GT 40 things.

This is the reply I got:

"Dear Mike,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This VOR-8M101-010 is not in stock at this time the estimated date to receive is May 5th if ordered Monday. The cost is $ 795.99 on this part."

$1600 for cylinder heads.

I need to go take tai chi now.

Comment

Go find a 96 or early 97 Explorer or Mountaineer in the yard and you'll find GT40S for a fraction of that.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Splendid idea.

Comment

So apparently the chick at Summit thought I was asking about intake manifolds.

She gave me this listing:

Comment

Give these guys an email- http://www.thumperheads.com/ and save a few bucks from the fancy big-valve aluminum heads. Lincolnmania (Scott) has a pair and has nothing but good stuff to say.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

i GOT TO FLOW A SET OF THUMPER e7 HEADS tHEY ONLY FLOWED A TOTAL OF 30ISH CFM more than stock e7 heads. Beter is to get a set of GT40 heads.

I felt bad as I used to tell people they were ok. Most in some of the Mustang forums and such dont think much of them.
                  351Ws need aftermarket heads or 2V clevland heads for a moderate build.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Do they sell the GT 40 heads for less?

Comment

Guys the girl from Summit wants me to give her the brand name and othr

Comment

Goddamn phone!

She needs the brand name and year before she can give me heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Windsor View Post
                          Goddamn phone!

She needs the brand name and year before she can give me heads.
                          Now that's just begging for a dirty joke. Aren't you the one who started the "Rimming It" thread too? lol

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                          mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Gotta laugh a little now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                              i GOT TO FLOW A SET OF THUMPER e7 HEADS tHEY ONLY FLOWED A TOTAL OF 30ISH CFM more than stock e7 heads. Beter is to get a set of GT40 heads.

I felt bad as I used to tell people they were ok. Most in some of the Mustang forums and such dont think much of them.
                              351Ws need aftermarket heads or 2V clevland heads for a moderate build.
                              Eh, I always thought they were a decent option, but never really considered them for my app. Maybe things have changed in the 9 years since I bought the RHS irons for my 408 from Summitt

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X