No announcement yet.

no start condition on the cougar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, it might also be in front of the radiator by the washer bottle. Its somewhere in there.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you know, i put a new battery in it and it fired up the first time. and im pretty sure it fired up for the mechanic too.

im going to the wrecker tomorrow for all the parts i need

Comment

Might have just been the voltage was too low to properly run the fuel pump, ignition system, ECM, and starter all at once. The external TFI is somewhat less problematic than the distributor mounted ones. It was moved off the distributor so it stayed cooler, since heat is what cooks those anyway.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

its got a $%$% slow drain on the battery

my new mechanic (same building other guy left) is nice, he likes my car, and wants the engine for a mustang if i ever want to yank it out. he offered to rent me the garage and his tools for 30$ an hour if i ever need to work on it myself. the car is staying there till i get it sorted out.

Comment

Working...
          X