Exhaust Weight Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Weight Question

Does anyone know the reason and proper name for the weights on the original single exhaust on my 86 grand marquis (4 cat setup). I redid the exhaust about a year back and went with duals instead and I never put the weights back on. I thought they were for either balance to or to reduce rattle.

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

They are simply dampeners to help stop some of the vibration.

Comment

I threw mine away, seemed like a useless thing to me
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

How many catalytic converters on a 88 Vic (who'da thought) with the stock single exhaust? the owner before me put on an extremly cheap aftermarket exhaust so it's really messed up.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thanks, I figured they had something to do with vibration. I'll probably just hold on to them just in case. My stock exhaust had the 4 cat setup originally. When I redid it, i used the updated 2 cat setup, junked the airpump and went through inspections just fine.

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
          sigpic
          1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
          X