Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the differeance between HO and stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the differeance between HO and stock?

what is the major differance between the 5.0L HO and say an 5.0L with the maferdite throtle body set-up. i mean yes i know ones fuel injection and the other is someting else that only satan could have invented. i gues what i'm really asking is i've got a HO here in the bone yard and it's been there for a while(over a year)and i was wanting to swap this in to my car. and was thinking that if it sat that long and wasn't picked up that ther may have been something wrong with the block or somethig like that. so i was wondering if the blocks pistons ect. in the lower motor are the same,or if like the head and thatthey are HO specific?
    sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Read this.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

fuel/intake parts and the cam are the bulk of it, and the ECM of course. nothing thats not swappable
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The intakes as mentioned in the other thread, HO motors have forged pistons, different cam with different firing order, and better flowing heads. 87 or 88+ HO motors have pistons with valve reliefs. 86 motors have flat top pistons, and the same heads a non-HO engine has. Are you thinking of swapping a SEFI HO motor into a CFI car or something? Might be interesting, not sure how well it would run tho.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It shouldn't be too hard to do, a few LTD LX guys over on four eyed pride have done the swap to SEFI.
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

HP-wise...you'd pick up about another 70hp.
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

what i have is an '86 -'88 lincon mark with the regular fuel injection like this.and i was wanting to put it in a car with the crappy thing that looks like a carb but is fuel injected.would i have to replace the entire wiring harness and fuel system? or is it easier than that?
              Last edited by raser13; 06-21-2006, 11:57 PM.
              sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

Working...
              X