Cracked upper intake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blacklabel88 View Post
    Me two man. I get lied to a lot. They probably have a different person work on it every time. I had to tell them to switch the firing order. It took them months to put in the motor I had built. Il grab their micrometer and measure all of it if they let me. I think people rush through things and put zero due diligence to anything. You can't really pay to have anything done where I am. I had to print them out the 3g conversion twice. They tried to give me the car several times not finished. Nobody holds their word. It's actually pretty insane. Waiting on that speed shop. Hopefully they will properly check it for vacume leaks. Make sure it's actually done. I'm not mechanically inclined or I would.
    Learn at least enough to let them know you can't be fooled!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

It's not really being fooled. It's lack of due diligence and being rushed. Communication is hugely important. That's why I printed and reprinted things off for them. I'm at a point where I'm having to report most places to the bbb

Comment

It's hard for me to pay for a service in any field right now and get proper service without bait and switch on time date and price. Lack of staff or again lack of training. They put different guys on it. Too many different people

Comment

Is there anyone that specializes in these builds that works on them for money here on the forum? I communicate what needs done. That's why when gedget suggested 24 lb injectors but they insisted on 19 I couldn't really fight them on it. Again I'm not a mechanic

Comment

Learn at least enough to let them know you can't be fooled? Let them know I can't be fooled? What do you think they think they are getting away with other than not listening?

Comment

The point is they didn't do the work in a long line of people who've effed up on this build. I don't own anything like the tools it takes to do this stuff. And like the forum always says, any competent shop should be able to to yada yada. Bullcrap. This countrys over

Comment

Most of these places shouldn't be doing much past turning rotors, breaks, and oil changes. A person should be able to pay a shop to put a motor of the same likeness in. I was suggested this shop in my town by the machine shop that built the motor. I'm hoping once it's at an actual speed shop they will take some pride in the outcome of the work. They've done 5.0s and tuned using both terminator x and megasquirt. I always look forward to start of business at 9 so can start yelling at everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacklabel88 View Post
                  Learn at least enough to let them know you can't be fooled? Let them know I can't be fooled? What do you think they think they are getting away with other than not listening?
                  Wasn't trying to be negative as I have no idea of your automotive knowledge especially in this area. Unfortunately, quality engine rebuilding seems to be a lost art, at least in this country, so it is difficult to get that type of work done. That and good trany rebuilds tend to be rare. Can't say non- existent but rare. I would want references and see the work they have already done.
                  What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

honestly its stuff like this that made me figure out how to do my own work. That and just being too broke to afford to pay for work even if I could find someone to do it.

seems like every professional field I hear about sucks anymore. People don't do what they say they will, or they do it poorly. Always hear "buy better parts" or "get better people" but I don't know where to find them.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't know why my RPM upper cracked. I used a torque wrench & patterned & stepped as per the manufacturer but it cracked at one of the flanges.

My (trusted long time) machinist said that by the time he welded & machined it flat it would cost well past what it was worth.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Can you post a pic of it? Sometimes all it takes is a large burr, or once i saw this happen when there was something between the two surfaces (washer), even something that thin can be a problem.

Comment

Mine or BlackLabels?

Mine is long gone, many years ago...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I thought we were talking about black labels but looks like i screwed that up lmao
                            sorry

Comment

Working...
                            X