No announcement yet.

Turn key crate engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cam is going to be the biggest reason why it needs a tune but I don’t see why no one will tune it. Worst case, buy a Tweecer or similar and join a tuning forum. They will get you where you need to be easily with that combo.

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
      I wonder why they won’t tune megasquirt..
      From a post on grassrootsmotorsports;
      The problem with megasquirt is simple. It is the cheapest option. This has two effects.
      1. The placebo effect states that people will assume the most expensive option is always best.
      2. Because it is cheap people who want to put the least into their project will use it. The least refers to money and effort.
      The guy at the shop that dyno tuned my fiat rolled his eyes and groaned when I told him I was using MS because he had only ever seen halfassed honda installs. Yet when he started working with my car he was delighted at how well it worked and how powerfull the software was. He was flat blown away at how good of a job the autotune feature of tunerstudio had done before I got there.
      There are a lot of folks out there who read build threads and reviews of MS successes and say "It looks so easy!" and buy it. Then install it with just a downloaded msq or try and tune it without a wideband or dyno, get crappy results and say "Megasquirt sucks"
      I have had 3 daily drivers running MS and about 4 years of driving on them. I have never had any ECU related issues with any of them. It flat works.

Comment

Thank you guys for the advice and that explains so much with what I'm experiencing. I'm watching the lmr videos on pinning and stuff. I have had trouble enough with audio recording software and navigating blackboard that this will take some time for me to grasp that's the plan. Anything is quicker than what they will ultimately do anyhow.

Comment

Working...
        X