No announcement yet.

Piotr's 359ci Windsor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the trans in, and enjoy the motor a couple times around the block!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
      I can assure that it really isnt!!!
      Too bad you aren't closer. I kind of like wiring projects... and I have a few electrician friends who are masters of auto electric as well...
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Makin progress. I cant find my camera so no pics yet. Not much to see anyway besides a mess of spaghetti behind my dash. Head lights, parking lights, coach lights, tails, turn signals, power windows, fuel pump, starter, gauge lights, are all wired in. The power locks are a real pain so I think I will just forgoe wiring them and just use the key.

Just need to wire in the fans, new ignition, hazzards, horn, 2 gauges, trans-brake, and reverse lights. The only real problem I am encountering is the brake lights wont come on. I might need to make one of the lights on each side a dedicated blinker and the other be the brake light. There has to be a way to make it work. I have to run out to Fastenal and see if they have some long bolts I need for the alternator bracket.

I'm happy with the results I got from tucking the wires from the firewall forward to inside the fender. Looks very clean.

Whats left after wiring? Slap in the C4, hook up the shifter, throw some clamps on the fuel line to keep it snug. Make aluminum door panels. Then cruise till all the major bugs come to light, fix em and then start enjoying it.

Its gonna need some new shoes. I'm thinking of widened 15x10 steelies and MT ET streets. 29x10.5... Not sure what to put up front. I think I'm gonna wait till next year and build up an 8.8. Spool, 4.10's, Moser axles, girdle, 9in housing ends, and disk brakes.

Lol this post is bad...I cant even think let alone type. I probably sound like a idiot but I'm wiped. Make sense of it the best you can.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

It sounds like you're closer to shifting at 6500 RPM. Me likey!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
            Makin progress. I cant find my camera so no pics yet. Not much to see anyway besides a mess of spaghetti behind my dash. Head lights, parking lights, coach lights, tails, turn signals, power windows, fuel pump, starter, gauge lights, are all wired in. The power locks are a real pain so I think I will just forgoe wiring them and just use the key.

Just need to wire in the fans, new ignition, hazzards, horn, 2 gauges, trans-brake, and reverse lights. The only real problem I am encountering is the brake lights wont come on. I might need to make one of the lights on each side a dedicated blinker and the other be the brake light. There has to be a way to make it work. I have to run out to Fastenal and see if they have some long bolts I need for the alternator bracket.

I'm happy with the results I got from tucking the wires from the firewall forward to inside the fender. Looks very clean.

Whats left after wiring? Slap in the C4, hook up the shifter, throw some clamps on the fuel line to keep it snug. Make aluminum door panels. Then cruise till all the major bugs come to light, fix em and then start enjoying it.

Its gonna need some new shoes. I'm thinking of widened 15x10 steelies and MT ET streets. 29x10.5... Not sure what to put up front. I think I'm gonna wait till next year and build up an 8.8. Spool, 4.10's, Moser axles, girdle, 9in housing ends, and disk brakes.

Lol this post is bad...I cant even think let alone type. I probably sound like a idiot but I'm wiped. Make sense of it the best you can.
            ive got a set of 28x10.5 MT et drags. thats a big ass tire that wont fit very easy, even my 325/50 (28tall 13.5" overall, 11.5 tread) fit better. the 26x10's fit so much better
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
              ive got a set of 28x10.5 MT et drags. thats a big ass tire that wont fit very easy, even my 325/50 (28tall 13.5" overall, 11.5 tread) fit better. the 26x10's fit so much better
              Im worried that the 29x10.5 wont fit. Does the 28x10.5 fit? I dont mind having to trim a little bit outta the inner fender lip in order to have enough clearance.

Got the alt bracket to work for now. I went out to a store in Montville after work yesterday and picked up the bolts I needed. I wish I could find a 6.75in long 7/16 bolt but the 6.25 one I have works fine. Loc-tite and it should be ok.

If I ever need bolts again I'm going to this place, they have a 2 300ft aisles of every kind of bolt you could ever want for $1 per pound. Grade 8...cap screws you name it $1 per pound. I picked up 2 bolts for the alt bracket and 5 bellhousing bolts for the c4. Set me back $1.55 total along with a random $.40 "No Dumping" sign my buddy found, we are gonna use in the bathroom of our house lol.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

i test fitted the 28x10.5's ive already got the lips rolled and pulled a little and i would not feel comfortable driving on them. if you can find a set to test fit go ahead, i was in a little rush since it was starting to rain
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Comment

Looks great mang!

You gonna put the inner fender liners back in?

Comment

Maybe, I cut the old ones down to keep shit from flying inside the fender where all the wiring is.

Comment

ohooooOOOOoooo!
                        Mean!
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

That thing in the car bangin' gears, or is it still on the bench looking pretty?

Comment

yea..I was wundrin' the same thing..when is it rollin'?
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I've been at the mercy of the weather. I have to do it outside cause there aint enough room in the garage to do it. Forcast was rain all week so its still lookin pretty on the bench. its right next to my new bike that I painted this week. I should be droppin the tranny tommorrow if it dont rain.

So much shit to do had to work on the bike and now the ninja is finished; changed oil, filter, brake pads, rebuilt and painted calipers. I painted the frame, wheels, swing arm, and forks. Ripped out the non functional neons, fixed a vacuum leak. Slapped some new tires on it and I'm done. 50mpg and 10's in a 1/4 mile and looks quite sexy now.

After the race car has its tranny and seat so I can cruise it then my red truck goes under the knife. Needs shocks, a few gaskets, and a flywheel.

Now my dad wants to sell his truck, and keep my green truck. Only he wants me to build him a mileage maker truck. I was thinking an exploder 5.0 with an 80's f-150 5 speed. I have the 4bbl intake and carb from the old merk that will go on it with probably the stock cam and a spare MSD box. I just need him to figure it out fast cause I move out on Aug 1st to a house with a few buddies. Then football and classes start back up.

Comment

Explorer motor, Mark VII ECM and fuel injection stuff if you want a mileage maker. F that calibrated vacuum leak nonsense.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X