No announcement yet.

Piotr's 359ci Windsor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going to be hating life with the single plane intake and a 4,000-pound car....the Stealth would be the best choice, the Perf RPM (non air gap) second, as long as you run an open 1" spacer...

Comment

I'll deal until I get a tko 5 speed. I got my eye on a couple 3500rpm stall converters in the mean time. I want to see how light I can get this car with out it looking stripped, we will see how she does.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

picked up the stuff from my machinist today. I'll be prepping and painting it tomorrow and maybe check the bearing clearences with plastigauge if I got time. I promise you guys pics!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Pics for all you fools....

I hate waiting for paint to dry....

depending on how spunky I feel I might try throwing the bottom end together today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
            I'll deal until I get a tko 5 speed. I got my eye on a couple 3500rpm stall converters in the mean time. I want to see how light I can get this car with out it looking stripped, we will see how she does.
            minus the back seat, my car does not look stripped, if i reinstalled the air vents it would look complete. just leave the headliner and trim in.
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

ohh purdy motor

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                ohh purdy motor
                x1

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

yep, its come a long way from that rusty crap we got pulled from that f-250

Comment

yea had we seen it's true nastyness we prob would have got the motor out of that 72 ltd lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

hehe... late night in teh garage for me....

Got the motor about 85% done. Top end and bottom end are assembled. Intake is on, got the oil pan painted and installed. Just need to put on the timing cover and get a dizzy and a macho carb. I gotta drill my new vavle covers and put the breathers in. This thing is coming together nice and I'm proud to say I did it all by myself but I have a lack of confidence where I think its gonna sieze up or blow up when I run it. Hopefully that doesnt happen! Pics tommorrow mornin, I'm too tired now.

Also got my fuel pump and the first part of my gauge pack. Auto meter ultra lites.

Comment

Sweet man! You have more balls then me, I think I have enough worked up to do the top end but to assemble the bottom end is awesome! I hope she works great for you.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

You'll be OK. When I built the first motor for my Lincoln I was afraid it would blow up too, but it was OK. Bottom end assembly is not hard, just as long as you check the clearances and have everything in spec. There's definitely a feeling of pride in firing a motor that you know you assembled yourself and it all works just as it should.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

do you have an FPR? Holley's don't like more than 7psi, and if yer fuel pump is anything like a GM fuel pump it'll be cranking out over 9psi at idle - Holleys don't like 9psi at idle. I put an FPR in my truck and dialed it down to 5.5psi, made great difference. Also, does anyone make spreadbore intakes for Windsor engines? Cause Holley has the 4165 carb which is a spreadbore double-pumper, they also have the 4160 which is a spreadbore vacuum secondary... both can be had in 650, 750, and 850cfm airflows IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                              do you have an FPR? Holley's don't like more than 7psi, and if yer fuel pump is anything like a GM fuel pump it'll be cranking out over 9psi at idle - Holleys don't like 9psi at idle. I put an FPR in my truck and dialed it down to 5.5psi, made great difference. Also, does anyone make spreadbore intakes for Windsor engines? Cause Holley has the 4165 carb which is a spreadbore double-pumper, they also have the 4160 which is a spreadbore vacuum secondary... both can be had in 650, 750, and 850cfm airflows IIRC.
                              The pump I bought comes with an adjustable holley FPR. Its the summit fuel pump which is a rebranded Trick Flow one. I have a square bore intake already, so no spread bore carbs...eww

4160 is square bore IIRC... I have one on my old merk. 600 vac secondary.

Comment

90% done new aluminum valve covers, stainless hardware, oil pan, tons of stuff... arp bolts all around. Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X