Piotr's 359ci Windsor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not me, but it would be nice lol

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
      a T-10 can hold the power, NASCAR run built T-10s thats 700HP in a 3500# car. as for the cost, i dont know
      +1

Chrysler used 'em from the factory in everything from slant six cars up to Hemis, so there isn't much they can't handle.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Got a carby today, 4150 800 cfm... Might be a tad big but it can get me started in the right direction...Its grungy and needs rebuilt tho.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

I thought chrysler corp. used an A833 four speed behind the 426/ 440. NASCAR does use a trans loosely based on the super T10 (based on my quick research). However, these trans. can cost upwards of $7000. This tells me there isn't much stock T10 left, save for the case. I've also encountered "clutchless" models of T10's used ofr road racing.
          Last edited by P72Ford; 07-18-2007, 06:43 PM.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

correct on the a833, T-10 was more of a chebby trans.

I dunno, I might not get it yet cause I need to get this car running before I leave for college. Doing a clutch pedal and getting the driveshaft lengthend and all aint gonna be easy, cheap or quick. I'm gonna slap it together with the AOD and hope it lives for a few fun cruises or something. By that time I could start saving and eventually get a TKO or something really nice. I dont know, all I want is to hear the 351 run and know its good and I didnt fuck up.

Comment

A little off subject Pete, but are you gonna put the tudor's old engine in the 85 and drive it till it falls apart, or is it done for?
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                I thought chrysler corp. used an A833 four speed behind the 426/ 440. NASCAR does use a trans loosely based on the super T10 (based on my quick research). However, these trans. can cost upwards of $7000. This tells me there isn't much stock T10 left, save for the case. I've also encountered "clutchless" models of T10's used ofr road racing.
                Having seen both trannies, I assumed they were basically the same thing, but I don't know...obviously there are people around here that know a lot more about them than I do, so I'll just keep my yap shut.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                  A little off subject Pete, but are you gonna put the tudor's old engine in the 85 and drive it till it falls apart, or is it done for?
                  It still has the old cammed 5.0, its done for tho. I'm still keeping it cause I still pull parts from it from time to time, mainly interior screws cause for some reason the 2dr was put together with 2in drywall screws everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                    Having seen both trannies, I assumed they were basically the same thing, but I don't know...obviously there are people around here that know a lot more about them than I do, so I'll just keep my yap shut.
                    I just thought it was unusual that the pentastar corp would be using a trans that I thought was only used by GM/ Ford.
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
                      Thanks, they were a good deal. $59 at Summit, had to drill breathers and install baffles but it was worth it. And as soon as I can get time to rip out the rest of the motor, the wiper box is getting some major surgery along with the entire firewall. Not gonna run inner fenders either I dont think. Just gotta undo the mounts and lift the motor out
                      I don't think its a good idea to run sans the inner fenders. Besides being a handy place to mount things, they also prevent turbulent air from circulating under the hood. At high speed (which this car will probably see plenty of) w/o inner fenders, air can actually be sucked out of the engine compartment. Needless to say this isn't the best thing. With inadequate air you have a fuel rich condition, which isn't the best way to make power. If you're wondering where I learned this, I saw it on the POWER BLOCK (the only interesting thing I've ever pulled from those shows). Just my .02.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        I don't think its a good idea to run sans the inner fenders. Besides being a handy place to mount things, they also prevent turbulent air from circulating under the hood. At high speed (which this car will probably see plenty of) w/o inner fenders, air can actually be sucked out of the engine compartment. Needless to say this isn't the best thing. With inadequate air you have a fuel rich condition, which isn't the best way to make power. If you're wondering where I learned this, I saw it on the POWER BLOCK (the only interesting thing I've ever pulled from those shows). Just my .02.
                        And that would be why you run a cold-air setup that places the fresh air inlets below the bumper, behind the high beams, or any other place where there is ram-air conditions. Then pulling air out of the engine bay starts working for you, as it creates less resistance and better airflow also means better cooling - you'll be surprised how much my scoop helped lower the engine bay temperature.

Comment

When I do the cowl hood I was gonna make a carb tray and then seal in with foam so the only air the carb gets is from the cowl induction scoop

Comment

hmm, I suppose I could take out the highbeams and run a ram air style intake like the old fairlane thunderbolts and light weight galaxies

Comment

Hmmm header time,

Should I stick with the 1 5/8 shorties for now or buy new 1 5/8 longtubes, or try to nab a set of 1 3/4 big tubes? I really want the big tubes, but I only have the 1 5/8 budget. I just dont want the 1 5/8 headers to hold me back on power. I'm looking on ebay and I see a few sets, also corral has a few. I have a welder if I need to tweak any of the tubes on headers. I dont think it will be too bad since theres a bit more room on a 351, its taller.

Comment

Go with the 1.625" primary headers. Faster moving air is an improvment in torque. I think you'd have to really wind it up to feel the effects of the 1.75" primaries. Since high revs aren't practical all the time, go with the 1.625. This will benefit torque and horsepower.

As for the inner fender debate. I looked into the Horsepower TV episode that I saw regarding the inner fenders. This was the project they did with the black 69? Nova. They took it to the track and had legendary drag racer Roy Hill run the car. He was the one who said to replace the inner fenders. And also, MLSC, they made new aluminum inner fenders, and a carb tray that was sealed to the cowl hood. I see your point with the removal of the inner fenders and lowering underhood temps. If you are not running an "enclosed", if you will, air intake system, then I would say its not smart to remove the inner fenders. If you do have an enclosed intake system then turbulent air in the engine bay won't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X