Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    no the oil cooler wont clear the steering gear

And that takes care of the oil cooler question!! Thanks!!

P.S. I now have a 91 Mark VII DS9 in my sliced up little hands, it came from a car without the digital dash.....if that even matters.

I will be installing it tomorrow and expect the Crown to be a lot happier.

The Mark was turned in during the cash for clunkers thing and it still has the entire H.O. 5.0 sitting in it, everything from upper intake to oil pan...plus a BBK EGR spacer. AND it's sitting side by side with an early 97 Explorer complete with GT40 5.0 still in it. If I hadn't been in a hurry I would have been pulling parts all day!!!!

I was told both will be crushed soon!

Anyway, I'll let everyone know how the Mark DS9 works out.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Add the VSS wiring. You could also delete the EGR, but I like the tiny bit of fuel economy it offers.

I wouldn't think that the Mustang auto and Mark VII ECM are substantially different. I know the manual Mustang ones have less initial timing than the auto but that should be it. I could imagine some timing and fuel curve differences but it shouldn't be anything major. The 94-95 Mustang and I think its 92+ Tbird have vastly different wiring, but those are both mass air ecms that you wouldn't be using with speed density anyway.
      After actually looking up the catch code on it, DA1, it is a manual comp (even though someone wrote "Auto SD" on it). Needless to say, it is much more happy with the mk7 comp. That manual comp brought way more problems then it was worth.

Is there a write up on running the VSS wire? I'd delete the EGR but it works fine and the hint better gas mileage is nice.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

do you have a vss code?

Im thinking your converter and cam account for your hesitation

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          Is there a write up on running the VSS wire? I'd delete the EGR but it works fine and the hint better gas mileage is nice.
          Basically you add a pin to the ECM harness on pin 3. Splice that wire into the VSS harness that comes up behind the transmission and runs along the firewall and into the car to tie into the cruise control module right under the ECM. I dont know which color wire it is on your car, but the EVTM should tell you. You want the vss wire that is not grounded.

If its not setting a VSS code during a self-test, then its not going to make any difference. I forget which code number it was, but it was something like insufficient vss input. I want to say it came up during a key on, engine off test.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X