• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
    Twin 1150 Dominators.
    Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
    8 single barrel Rochesters.
    If I saw either of those setups in a box panther, and them also being effective, I would probably shit myself lol
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

You might shit yourself just trying to get the linkage on 8 carburetors set up correctly lol
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You might shit yourself just trying to get the linkage on 8 carburetors set up correctly lol
        hahahaha
        Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
        HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
          I'll just talk to johnunit lol. It gets colder in Canada than it does here, and I know he still has a 351 in his daily.
          I can tell you right now that any of my old carbed Dodges and Fords started better at -40 temps then ANY of my EFI vehicles have(Ford Chev and Dodge). Most of the EFI ones would crank over, fire a couple of times then flood badly.

Then again, remembering to plug the block heaters in usually helps.
          1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
          1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
          1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
          1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

lol the way its looking, by the time I will actually get this motor finished, the car will be seing almost zero winter driving, so I think I'm going to be fine.

No I just need to come up with the money to buy me a roller motor, cheapest around here is $650
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Update

Well, after some lurking around the NLOC forum, I THINK I have come across a lightning EGR spacer (the guy hasn't gotten back to me yet), so I MIGHT just build a 351 with the lightning intake. I also started a thread asking for measurements to see if there is a height difference between the GT40 intake and the TFS 351 intake. So if I can come up with the money...1980c10 you just might have a buyer

This is gonna happen!

Comment

And after seeing these two pictures, I am leaning heavily to a lightning intake (minus the plaque). It just depends if the TFS manifold will fit.

I especially like the silver one
                Attached Files

Comment

any suggestions on a good cam/head combo to get good low-mid range power/torque with the gt40 intake?

Comment

Was this a roller cam 351w block?

Comment

yes, it will be (as in the one I'm getting will be a roller)

Comment

yes, it will be (as in the one I'm getting will be a roller)
                        Call Comp Cams. I'm thinking the XE258HR or XE266HR, but of course I'm not going to make an official recommendation, as we all know what happened the last time someone attempted to make a suggestion.

In addition, those two cams are for 5.0 engines, not a 351W. You might spend some extra money and have something custom-ground, from Ed Curtis (unless he's going to try to sue GMN for Slander, too), or someone else....

Comment

will do..thanks pirate!

Comment

You know, after viewing a multi-page camshaft bitch fest over something as stupid as whether or not billet roller cams are better than iron-core cams (yes, I got the point, billet steel doesn't twist as much as iron, can we shut up now?), never mind 100,000,000,000 people on this planet could give two shits as to which cam works best, with one guy putting 590-something-pound valve springs under a billet version of a E303 cam just to show he can make it pull to 8,000 rpm (as if anybody fucking cares, if you put strong enough valve springs on a stock 5.0 roller cam, it will rev that high too), I'm rapidly developing the opinion that these smaller guys need to be avoided, and just call one of the bigger aftermarket cam guys, such as Lunati, Chet Herbert, Comp Cams, or maybe Schneider (I'm sure I'm forgetting someone), and just stay away from the ego overspray that develops when some of these guys get pissed off at discovering that there are other people out there who are just as smart as they are, and don't need them or their verbal abuse.

It's a stick of fucking metal, people. Only men who have tiny penises, and don't possess anything of a sex life will waste hours upon hours of precious lifespan bitching about how 'important' this subject is. Want proof? I have a huge schlong. I only focus on wanting to split my wife in two with it. I have absolutely nothing to prove.

There, see? Problem Solved. If every guy out there simply grew a large schlong, there would be no such bickering over absolute minutiae. They would focus more on making sure they split as many women in half as possible, and those who still have psychological problems (such as guys who think they're going to sue for slander if someone doesn't agree with them, and spend 47 hours typing tens of thousands of words of text trying to convince nobody just how smart they aren't) would be much easier to spot.

Yes, if we want to maximize a combination, we'll give you a phone call, and hopefully, we won't be interrupting you attempting to convince 100 other people who don't give a shit either just how intelligent your pointless arguing over stuff only an incredibly self-absorbed drag racer might be interested in. Does it go fast? Does it make loud 'vrooming' noises? Does it spin the tires? If you answered 'yes' to any or all of these questions, you should officially be 'happy'. If it doesn't, throw a shitload of nitrous at it, and hope it holds together when you pull the pin.

Otherwise, thank you, we'll have our people get with your people, and if you're not wanting fries with that, then please drive through.

Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2010, 01:16 AM.

Comment

1980c10 just got to me with measurements (thanks mang), so for reference purposes, the Gt40 lightning intake is 11 inches tall, and Trickflow Lists their intake at 11.5 inches tall...so with some persuasion of the hood bracing....it might fit.

Comment

1980c10 just got to me with measurements (thanks mang), so for reference purposes, the Gt40 lightning intake is 11 inches tall, and Trickflow Lists their intake at 11.5 inches tall...so with some persuasion of the hood bracing....it might fit.
                                Yeah, I'd ignore my cam grinder rant, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X