No announcement yet.

V-10 in a Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so im confused the 460 wont work in my squire and im shure ive herd somewhere that a 4.6 wont fit the v-10 is justa a 4.6/5.3 w/ 2 xtra cyl. ok im confused must b cauz im a chevy guy eh o well. good luck i hope it works well for you, looking 4ward 2 some pics

Comment

dragginwagon, here are a couple of pictures that might help.

Stock '03 Marauder:

'03 Cobra motor in a '67 Mustang:

Now draw your own conclusions about putting a narrower SOHC engine into a Box.
      Last edited by 1987cp; 09-23-2010, 09:44 AM.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        not on edits. give me this...

"slymer, you do not have permission to access this page. ..."
        Then I truly don't know, I'm sorry.

Comment

You know what, I goofed. That second picture appears to be one of the cars I personally helped prepare for a Mac strut swap. The fit isn't that much tighter with sectioned stock shock towers, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
            Then I truly don't know, I'm sorry.

That has got to be two historical firsts... In one POST!
            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
            Open/Lock/Ratio #
            -----------------------
            G / H / 2.26
            B / C / 2.47
            8 / M / 2.73
            7 / - / 3.07
            Y / Z / 3.08
            4 / D / 3.42
            F / R / 3.45
            5 / E / 3.27
            6 / W / 3.73
            2 / K / 3.55
            A / - / 3.63
            J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
              That has got to be two historical firsts... In one POST!
              You don't know how many days that took to choke out.

Comment

Days? I would have thought it would have taken longer than that....

Axle codes
                Open/Lock/Ratio #
                -----------------------
                G / H / 2.26
                B / C / 2.47
                8 / M / 2.73
                7 / - / 3.07
                Y / Z / 3.08
                4 / D / 3.42
                F / R / 3.45
                5 / E / 3.27
                6 / W / 3.73
                2 / K / 3.55
                A / - / 3.63
                J / - / 3.85

Comment

[in Eyeore voice] Weeks ... months .... who knows.

Comment

Hello everyone,I've been pushing things around the garage to make room for the wagon...My beater that gets Me to work and back is running good now(99 zx2) It is something that I picked up two years ago,it had a bad rotor and chewed caliper,but I did'nt care because all the stock stuff was going to be changed to make a rwd,V8 street/strip car. My other beater(96 olds lss) I have just about gave up on!..The front subframe mounts are toast!It lost the rear mount washers to good old michigan rust,and the thing gave way while I was at lunch,I limped back to work,then home after, went by auto moan to pick up some things to fix it..bolts and such...I made some 1/4" plates at work to patch it up with,when I backed out to return home the steering shaft and rack came apart!..It was the only thing holding the subfr.up!I lost steering and freaked!I was glad that it did'nt happen on the road!..So..while waiting for the towtruck I went back into the parts store and bought all new stuff to get the zx2 on the road...rotors/calipers/pads/spring kit /drums/shoes/wheel cylinders ect....now that I have that done its on to pulling the 302/aod out of the wagon!...Life is fun..Yes it is!...Also,I have not been on line for a few weeks,but I see by the Tags that I've been branded an Idiot for saying the "H" word...
                    I thought I had found a good site to ask some questions about My project,but I see that I'm wasting a few folks time...Not that I'm thin skinned,but if I wanted to be called an "Idiot",I'd call up the x-wife for that!...Well...I've said it,now I'll get off My soapbox....WingFoot

Comment

I'd ignore the naysayers Wingfoot. They are everywhere. The surest way to shut them up is to go ahead and complete the project.
                      Even if it isn't the fastest v10 out there, it's still going to be cool as heck.
                      You can take advantage of some of the extra torque by using taller (stock) gears in the diff.

If it were me, I'd get the engine in and running, then hook up the drive line, and see if it breaks. If it does, skip the 9" rear and go with a limited slip one out of a limo. They have bigger axles.

You can always try the fancy stuff later.

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27
                      6 / W / 3.73
                      2 / K / 3.55
                      A / - / 3.63
                      J / - / 3.85

Comment

WingFoot,

Ignore all the negative people, if everyone listen to the negatives, Columbus wouldn't have discovered america, the Wright brothers wouldn't have flown at Kittyhawk and we wouldn't have landed on the moon, to name a few.

Your swap is what hot rodding is all about; taking a bigger motor and putting it in somethings is wasn't suppose to be it.

Keep up the good work and keep the rest of us updated.

Comment

just do ittt mang! custom work dont always mean it has to be a race car. its not like your dropping in a civic engine into it lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Putting a V10 in his car won't get him into the history books, if that is what's being implied.
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

thats not what i meant. it will be cool to see somethin different. but, its up to him on what he wants to do.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Hi all, Boy I did'nt think any one was lookin'!LOL!...Jon,I''m not one to look for praise or fame and doing this swap is for Me to do and others to marvel at,and I think we all will be getting our rewards in our own way......Good Sam,the torque is what moves the world!...I do have a 3 something to 1 rear gear,stock lsd.The nine inch is just a thought,brkts. and such are no prob,Fabrication is something that I do as a proto-type metal model maker...And ROque,You are 100% about Hot Rods and rodding,no one will change that!..MarquisMan,what do You think about a olds 3.8 V6/fwd swap in the wagon?...Its almost falling out of the Lss already!...and anyone that wants to ""tag" this thread with unrelated comments can go right ahead,after all it is a public forum and as long as they can be all in fun...By the way,how did it be known that the X got the twins in the divorce?...(crying a river,growing a new pair).....WingFoot.....

Comment

Working...
                                X