Comp XE258 cam fits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
    If you need link bar lifters is this because the cam has a reduced base circle or a lot of lift. Crane makes some lifters to remedy this so the yoke style setup can be maintained.
    You need the springs right or the lifter might jump off the lobe. Knowing Comp their spring specks are too weak for their own grinds.
    also used in converting a non roller motor to a roller, i forgot the machining required for the spider and dogbones x2 on springs trickflow seems to be what all the cool kidare using these days,
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Perfer Crane and Engle myself
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

hey merc91 what push rod and length did you use

Comment

hey, I used trick flow hardened pushrods and I cant remember the length. I remember googling it tho and found pretty quick what the main length is to use, its more dependant on the heads and head gasket used than the cam despite different cam base circles. i got pushrods a hair longer and a set of rocker shims so I could barely shim as needed to get things exactly where they needed to be. And with cams with these high lifts and short durations, having the valvetrain to handle things is definetly the most important place not to skimp out on
          Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
          HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
            having the valvetrain to handle things is definetly the most important place not to skimp out on

Haha ya who would be foolish enough to do that......
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

haha certainly not a 19yr old such as myself at the time... figured .550 lift single springs that came on the heads would suffice lol. She didnt sound good past 4500rpm. I guess thats how we learn :P
              HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

haha certainly not a 19yr old such as myself at the time... figured .550 lift single springs that came on the heads would suffice lol. She didnt sound good past 4500rpm. I guess thats how we learn :P
                any updates?

Comment

I cracked 1 of those heads and swapped in another set of gt40p and had dual comp springs rated to .590 put on. Revs smooth as silk up to 6800rpm on 500hp with the nitrous hmhm. man does that cam love nitrous. It usually tapers off at 5500 then its time to shift but tried out the nitrous at the strip.. launched then next thing i know the tachs bookin it for 7000rpm haha.

Comment

I cracked 1 of those heads and swapped in another set of gt40p and had dual comp springs rated to .590 put on. Revs smooth as silk up to 6800rpm on 500hp with the nitrous hmhm. man does that cam love nitrous. It usually tapers off at 5500 then its time to shift but tried out the nitrous at the strip.. launched then next thing i know the tachs bookin it for 7000rpm haha.
                    whoooo!!! id love to see some dynoruns! and vids going doen the track!

Comment

Working...
                    X