Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark VI "Edelbrock Performer" Carb & Intake Conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Pictures Please! I thought about extending my rod (ha ha ha). But I couldn't figure how to do it.
    1980 Lincoln Mark VI - Now With New & Improved 4.6L Modular Power!

Comment

Isn't one end of the TV rod threaded? If I'm remembering that right, it might be easy to extend it with a bit of allthread and a spacer nut. When I extended my C4 kickdown rod, I just used a nut and bolt and a flat piece of metal with two holes drilled in it.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Isn't one end of the TV rod threaded? If I'm remembering that right, it might be easy to extend it with a bit of allthread and a spacer nut. When I extended my C4 kickdown rod, I just used a nut and bolt and a flat piece of metal with two holes drilled in it.
        Mine is just a hollow tube with eyelets at both ends. But, my TV cable should be on my doorstep when I get home after work. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be driving my Mark again (my Q45 seats are bit cramped).

Comment

my tv rod is just flat at the end with an eyelet too, no thread.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I just got home from finishing my TV cable install & I have one word to describe the ride...PERFECTION!!

The trans shifts so smooth now. It didn't shift that smooth when it was stock.

Comment

Here's some pics of the install.

First I cut about 4 1/4" off of the outer case to get the best length. To get the right amount of throw you have to use the TV corrector, without it the lever on the trans will bottom out before full throttle. Then I took the slack out of the cable. the measurement I got between the the throttle & the cable bracket is about 4 1/2". Hopefully this will help anybody trying to do this setup.
              Attached Files

Comment

Then you have to hook up a transmission oil pressure gauge to the TV pressure test port on the trans. Its the middle port on the right rear of the transmission.
                Attached Files

Comment

After that you have to let the car warm up to operating temperature. Then take the little tool that comes with the TV cable & insert it as shown. Then check the pressure gauge with the car in neutral (not park) make sure it reads 33 to 35 Psi. Then pull out the tool & make sure it reads 0 Psi(zero psi). Disconnect everything & road test. Every gear should shift fine. If not try to adjust again.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got it working to your satisfaction.

Comment

So now that you've had an opportunity to drive it a bit more. How does it feel? More power?
                      Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                      AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27
                      6 / W / 3.73
                      2 / K / 3.55
                      A / - / 3.63
                      J / - / 3.85

Comment

Nice pictures.

You may notice that the spring on the transmission end of the cable (that returns the lever when the throttle is let up) is somewhat lazy. Most people on this forum have removed that and added an external spring to return the lever on the transmission.

I am going to be putting my stuff together shortly, and I will also be testing the TV pressure with a gauge.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
                          So now that you've had an opportunity to drive it a bit more. How does it feel? More power?
                          I really haven't had the chance to drive it alot because of the holiday weekend. But it definetly has more power when you punch it. Soon I'll have to put a posi rear with some steeper gears, then it'll feel nice.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            Nice pictures.

You may notice that the spring on the transmission end of the cable (that returns the lever when the throttle is let up) is somewhat lazy. Most people on this forum have removed that and added an external spring to return the lever on the transmission.

I am going to be putting my stuff together shortly, and I will also be testing the TV pressure with a gauge.
                            Seems alright so far. Hopefully, if I have to, I can put the extra spring on with the old one still on the cable. I don't want to take it all apart again. At first I wasn't going to use the gauge, but my boss convinced me to (I'm glad). I'm sure it makes a difference.

Comment

Yeah, I've not yet noticed that problem either, but one never knows.

on finagling a nice place to work on it.

Comment

This thread has helped me out a great deal and answered all my questions...thanks guys
                                The Best
                                Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Working...
                                X