No announcement yet.

5.7 hemi in a box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the 5.7 hemi. If you wanted to put that much effort into an engine swap with a panther, drop a 5.0 coyote in it
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

generation 3 hemi

The $7000 coyote only puts out 412 hp and not to much tq for a 4000 tc. I see 5.7 for $700 on craigslist. Brand new complete eagle 5.7 heads from dealer are less than $300 each. Or get a 6.1 short block for 3-4000 new? and add the heads, port them, a better cam and it will be 500 hp easy. The 700 hp engine masters probably would be the same as the 5.0, $7000.

The 518 od with diesel parts and a junkyard ecm recalibrated must be cheaper than getting a 5.0 set up. The hemi can even use a carb setup like the 700hp one.

are coyote motor mounts same as 302?

Will a aod with 98 guts bolt up to belhousing?

drive by wire a pain. hemi, use a holley

The car really isnt worth putting too much into it. Its just too bad the hood is too low for a jy 351 with some head work, cam, tc and 3.73. Id be happy with that. Even using putting the 400 crank in it like someone here did isnt big money. But with a hood scoop, you'l look like a redneck.

Has anyone fit a 351 under a 90-97 towncar? If so, what intake, motor mounts?

Comment

someone on lincolnsonline did an EFI 351 in a 90 Towncar. Stock mounts, and I think it was one of those Chinese Edelbrock clone intakes. Typhoon or whatever they are called. I forget the specifics and he didn't post a ton about it but it fit under the stock hood.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

5.7 hemi

Thats good to know someone fitted a 351 efi under the hood. Forget the hemi.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            someone on lincolnsonline did an EFI 351 in a 90 Towncar. Stock mounts, and I think it was one of those Chinese Edelbrock clone intakes. Typhoon or whatever they are called. I forget the specifics and he didn't post a ton about it but it fit under the stock hood.

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by clemford View Post
              The car really isnt worth putting too much into it. Its just too bad the hood is too low for a jy 351 with some head work, cam, tc and 3.73. Id be happy with that. Even using putting the 400 crank in it like someone here did isnt big money. But with a hood scoop, you'l look like a redneck.
              Has anyone fit a 351 under a 90-97 towncar? If so, what intake, motor mounts?
              Originally posted by clemford View Post
              Thats good to know someone fitted a 351 efi under the hood. Forget the hemi.
              Since a 351W was a factory option in the 1991 CV, it will fit under the hood of a 90-97 town car just fine. There are several low rise and likely medium rise 4V intakes which you can use as well as an Explorer upper with a GT40 lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                Since a 351W was a factory option in the 1991 CV, it will fit under the hood of a 90-97 town car just fine. There are several low rise and likely medium rise 4V intakes which you can use as well as an Explorer upper with a GT40 lower.

I'm assuming there's a separate 351w GT40 lower intake? What came with them?

Readily available parts ftw. If I could easily keep fuel injection (without one of those damn elbow plenums) I wouldn't consider anything but a windsor. Being able to keep the stock (as in, AOD/8.8 based) driveline and leaving EEC-IV in place would be fantastic.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  I'm assuming there's a separate 351w GT40 lower intake? What came with them?

Readily available parts ftw. If I could easily keep fuel injection (without one of those damn elbow plenums) I wouldn't consider anything but a windsor. Being able to keep the stock (as in, AOD/8.8 based) driveline and leaving EEC-IV in place would be fantastic.
                  Only the F150 Lightning, the Cobra R Mustang and boats. The boat intake was iron and the others used aluminum. Used aluminum lowers go for $300-400 on E-bay. The iron ones used to go for $100 but the price has creeped up to more than double that.

Comment

I'm liking the price of the typhoon style lowers on ebay. gadget do you have a link to the lincolnsonline 351 towncar? i can't find it over there.
                    Last edited by 1990LTD; 05-30-2011, 03:54 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking a 5.7L Hemi in a late '80s Comanche. I don't think anybody has done it. It would be like an LS1 swap into a S-10, but the Mopar version. That would be neat. Yah, I'm dead set on an EFI 351W swap. Just gotta save the funds for it and get other work done to the CV before that happens.

Packman

Comment

A Hemi Comanche? I kind of like the sound of that. I've never driven or ridden in a Comanche, but I had the opportunity to poke around one back in '98 and it seemed very sturdy.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          A Hemi Comanche? I kind of like the sound of that. I've never driven or ridden in a Comanche, but I had the opportunity to poke around one back in '98 and it seemed very sturdy.

Hopefully the Comanche rides better than my S-10. My S-10 is stock and runs rougher loaded down with weight than my father's truck empty; and that truck has far heavier springs.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                          X