New to me 351W build idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
    Zach, I'd like to see that mounted up. Since I was also interested in the air dam with fog lights.
    Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
    Like to see that myself. Debated about it but for my purposes decided against it.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
      Would've been cool to run air ducts from the dam up to ye ole engine

Wold work in my case I sort of have a cowl induction scoop. One can watch it suck rain under the hood while driving. Also tested it with some string taped along the edge.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Flow numbers of my DOOE heads the way they figure average flow in the article.

168.2 intake, exh 137, avg combined 305.2. Havent read if he determined air speed, on my heads are around 298. Most heads are around 200. Mach number. .498. Ultimate is .500. I have done porting of almost all the heads listed in the article.

Also my flow numbers only were tested up to .500 lift. Just a bit better flow than the E7 heads I did for gadget his intake flow maxed at about 220 at .500 lift.

Gadget really needs 25# injectors and a tune. My engine ended up with 30# injectors. and a edelbrock 5.0 Victor EFI before ditching it in favor of dual quads.

Comment

One thing I worried about was taking the dam and driving lights out on a parking curb or such. One thing I dont like is having to jack the front up more often to work under it. still better than my X 1/9 Bertone though. Wanted to install driving lites like the Lucas ones on my 69 shelby. Loved those things not only shined straight ahead around twice as far as the headlights . but would shine up into yards a couple hundred feet. Save a few animals lives as they could be seen running towards the road.
          Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-23-2015, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
            Flow numbers of my DOOE heads the way they figure average flow in the article.

168.2 intake, exh 137, avg combined 305.2. Havent read if he determined air speed, on my heads are around 298. Most heads are around 200. Mach number. .498. Ultimate is .500. I have done porting of almost all the heads listed in the article.

Also my flow numbers only were tested up to .500 lift. Just a bit better flow than the E7 heads I did for gadget his intake flow maxed at about 220 at .500 lift.

Gadget really needs 25# injectors and a tune. My engine ended up with 30# injectors. and a edelbrock 5.0 Victor EFI before ditching it in favor of dual quads.
            Sometimes when you post, I don't understand what you're talking about. Though from this, I assume that you port heads? lol.
            I second the statement on seeing evidence of the things you claim. But I have seen some very good work.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
            X