235/75's are on the Marq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

235/75's are on the Marq

I love it! I'm going to kick some ass in the snow (as much as I can with an unlimited slip differential and RWD, I suppose)

They don't rub unless I'm cornering hard and hit a bump. I shouldn't have a problem.

Pics to come shortly.
    1988 Mercury Grand Marquis
    Brakestand machine.

Don't post until you have pics. I will delete the thread.

J/K

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

ouch, you had me there for a second.
      Brakestand machine.

Comment

You know tall skinny tires are better for snow, right?
        -Matt
        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
          You know tall skinny tires are better for snow, right?
          True, unless he has some tires with an aggressive tread design.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
            True, unless he has some tires with an aggressive tread design.
            Irregardless, the skinnier tire will have more PSI on the ground, which is better for snow. (that is for tires wit hthe same tread, different size.)
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I know, but the 215's were completely bald for whatever reason....
              Brakestand machine.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                Irregardless, the skinnier tire will have more PSI on the ground, which is better for snow. (that is for tires wit hthe same tread, different size.)
                I realize this. I'm saying a wider tire with aggressive tread will do just as well as a skinnier tire with a tread designed for comfort and less noise.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
                  I realize this. I'm saying a wider tire with aggressive tread will do just as well as a skinnier tire with a tread designed for comfort and less noise.
                  nope.
                  you want a skinnier tire to dig down into the snow to reach something it can grip (at least thats what the tire manufactures say).
                  The difference in a 215/75 and 235/75 wont be that much, but the difference in a 215/75 and a 255/60 will be signifigant.
                  I plan to run a 215/70/16 for the snow.
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Well, 235/75 aren't that much wider than 215/75, so they can do just as good in snow with aggressive tread. And that's what he has on now. But I do agree that a 255/60 is always going to do worse than a 215/75, unless the 215/75 is completely bald.

Comment

They're good tires. I don't think I'll have too much of a problem in the snow (should I stop doing donuts).

This is IF we get any snow, it's the middle of December and it's almost 50°F, unheard of in RI.
                      Brakestand machine.

Comment

Working...
                      X