No announcement yet.

Inconsistent Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the master failed in a way that causes fluid to leak back to the booster, it will fail soon anyway. Can usually tell if thats the fail mode by some wetness and missing paint under the MC where it mates up to the booster.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There is peeling paint under the master on the booster so I think you’re right. The engine bay is caked with oil and grime, everything. Even the entire booster has oil all over it. So I can’t tell if the wetness is from the master but it still has leaked at least at one point.

Comment

sounds like time at the car wash with some engine degreaser wouldn't be a waste. I hate working on gooey cars.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It needs it. After I got it I got under it with shop rags and manually scraped off all the crap on the k member, steering components and front of the motor and it’s still a mess. I even used engine degreaser but that didn’t put a dent in it.

Comment

Working...
          X