No announcement yet.

Master Cylinder Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! That was my first time doing anything like this. I had to cut off a little on the lower end by the rubber line and reflare it. I’m hoping it holds. I’m still a novice at flaring brake lines.

Comment

As long as the collar nut bites good, there shouldn't be an issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I didn’t want to overdo it but I got a good amount of torque on it. I’ll get it all back together and bled on Wednesday. I’ll update everyone then.

Comment

What I've learned with flare connections... make sure they don't leak and then check again in a week and again in a month or two. And seepage, give a snug. It's not coming loose, it's the flare seating completely.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Great advice thank you. I’m working tonight but have the next two days off so I’ll get it done tomorrow (hopefully) and update you guys. I just want to enjoy the car again.

Comment

Today was a fail. I attempted to change the front rubber brake hoses but the drivers side is seized. I didn’t want to round off the fitting so I stopped messing with it. I’ll try a little bit of heat when I can but honestly I’m a little beat down. Not only has this been a royal pia but I also found some rust. There’s rust in the usual areas but there’s a rust hole leading to the trunk just below the rear window. I don’t know if there’s anything I can salvage over there. I’ll keep moving but without a garage or a place to work on it, it’s slow going.

Comment

After thinking about it more I’m an idiot. I’ll try replacing the hoses in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                X