Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question

Will 255/70/15's fit all the way around on my '91? got the chance to get 4 Cooper Cobra gt'2 for $100, I know they'll fit on the back but will they be alright upfront?
    Resident diesel addict

depends on the wheels, and they won't fit on stock wheels. Well, I wouldn't suggest them anyway.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

didn't Pete have 255's on his car? I remember them on the back, But not sure about the front.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

Yea on the back. They'd probably rub up front.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

They WILL fit on the stock wheels.

There is a possiblity they would rub though. HUGE tires!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

235/60-15 rubbed on the inner fender up front at full lock on my wagon.
            Those sure are some tall tires. (29") You going off roading.?
            1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
            1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
            1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

I wouldnt want them on the front...
              the 235 70 15 I run on the front would rub if my vics didnt sit oddly high in the front like some do.

Will the guy sell just 2 of them??? and only get these if you are comitted to having fat overgrown tires... they are huge!

Last edited by 85crownHPP; 09-03-2007, 08:49 AM.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

A tire that big will be absolutely terrible for handling. Get a 255/60 if you must, but any 255 tire will not be happy on stock wheels because they are too wide for the stock 6.5" wide wheels.

Comment

I like that tire size. On a 2WD F150.

Way too large mang. My P245-60R15's almost rub in the front.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                  X