No announcement yet.

shift flares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that'll do it. Always make sure the cable is adjusted and working properly before going further.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

it also explains doing 800rpm while trying to evenly accelerate onto the highway! It must have been upshifting way too damn soon. I had to either creep up to speed, as to not lug the engine, or push in the gas pedal and jolt into passing gear. Which was fun. But it didn't feel right; I thought 3.55 gears in the rear end were what i needed (and they did/ do help and no regrets!) but funny that it should be the damn cable all along as the principle cause!

Comment

your lucky you didnt fry your new trans AOD s dont like low pressure
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I didn't run the new one for more than 10 miles with it adjusted like that. The old one I ran for 2000 miles... it was way off, but, not disconnected.

Comment

Working...
          X