No announcement yet.

cheap deep transmission pans :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt use 3/8 tubing used 3/8 stainless braded hose. Hose is sized by ID 3/8 hose has 3/8 inside dia. Tubing goes by OD 3/8 tubing has a 5/16 inside dia. One reason I used hose was also that tubing needed some sharp bends to navigate it around the frame and engine. Sharp bends kink easy and flow porly. Even the factory stuff loks bad in places. The hose allowed smoother and fewer bends to accomplish the same thing increasing flow.
    Going to bigger size tubing or hose is a bit tricky with the AOD. Lentec just told me to screw in a pipe fitting. That scared me a bit. AODs use a straight thread fitting not tappered pipe. Concerns were leakage and metal shavings getting in the system.

Looking at the quick disconect fittings noted the hole in the threaded end was 3/8 or a bit bigger even though the tubing was 5/16. Pulled out the plastic clip in the end of the fitting and measured the ID of that end of the fitting. Figured if it was carefully drilled to the hole size for a 1/4 inch pipe tap. Screwed up at least one fitting doing it. Then aan adaptor for a larger tubing could be used. I would recomend using nickle/copper brake line as its easyier to bend sharper without kinking and real easy to form double flares on.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

The softer shifting is basically clutch slippage. Slippage = heat, and heat is bad for everything. They also do not have nearly enough fluid cooling capacity from the factory, which I strongly suspect is a big part of why they die early. Fix the factory crap calibration and add a cooler and your transmission will last a lot longer.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X