No announcement yet.

Box Suspension Mod Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a tid-bit, but box limos, have a beefy sway bar,and a k code 3.55 traclok. yet to be determined , but may have 31 spline axles, but it hasnt been confirmed as of yet. my current configureation for suspension has limo springs, and kyb police spec shocks in the rear, and am planning on using police springs and police spec kybs up front, but that might change if i use qa1 adjustables. oh and the limo springs are a heavyier duty spring as well.
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post

My TC with open 2.73 is no racer by any stretch of the imagination, but it is adequite.

Pete
      I just remembered -- I might have read somewhere that many of the box-body police cars were equipped with 2:73's. Anybody know if that is the case?

Comment

Originally posted by TomO View Post
        I just remembered -- I might have read somewhere that many of the box-body police cars were equipped with 2:73's. Anybody know if that is the case?
        most had 2.73s. Highway speed gear.

Comment

yeah, at least half of all panthers, police or not, came with 2.73. Some came with 3.08 or 3.27. Some very early ones with C4 (non-overdrive) transmissions came with numerically lower ones like 2.27(?).

The 2.73 is a nice gear for speeding, basically. At least in my car the 2.73 gears allow you to really move on the highway. 5000rpm (decent shift point for a mildly modified engine) in 2nd is over any speed limit in North America with 2.73s. Conversely, from a stop you have a car that'll do 120mph that will barely chirp the tires.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by TomO View Post
            I've never driven one with the 2:73's, but I own one with the 3:55's and they almost seem like overkill for just all around driving.
            I have 3.08's in my Lincoln, i'll trade you straight up for those 3.55's
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
            X