X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    How do 2.73 gears work? Poorly.
    This!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i had some issues, after putting my 3.55 in my adjustment is just past mid on the max side, now it shifts fine.
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I had 3.08 gears, and sometimes I had a problem. My transmission would shift too soon under light acceleration, and I'd find myself doing idling level kind of rpms while I was actually trying to get onto the freeway.
        You just need to get more agressive with the throttle to force it to downshift.

Alex.

Comment

I never really minded the 2.73s in my 351 cars. If you drive 75-80 on the highway, they won;' hunt between 3rd and OD. 65 mph cruising and maintaining OD is nearly impossible with any sort of terrain, though.

I will say, cars with 2.73s run right along at 100 mph. I want to say my red car used to read just over 2K rpm at 100 mph. Up hills in OD, no problem.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
          X