No announcement yet.

t5 or aod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i've always liked it on the high side..it actually seems to downshift from time to time
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

finally went down to take a ride in the mustang with the aod. before we left for a drive i took a glance under the gt and saw the trans rear seal was leaking but everything else looked clean. went for a dirve and it felt sluggish but figured it was cold. od felt funny but when we got back i checked the atf and it was brownish in color and smelled burnt. so i didnt get the trans and cant seem to figure why the guy said the fluid was nice and clean . it also shifted quite hard. i asked if it has a shift kit and he said its all original. so i guess i did the right thing by not buying it. for now i think i might do what gadget said and turn the tv up a bit. but i think it might be up already because it shifts into od at about 45 mph. ill try that and a fluid change and maybe for giggles clean the governor.
      1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
      1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

If you can flush out your current unit and tighten up the adjustments you may be better off then depending on lying fucks like the ace that told you the fluid was good! Can only imagine what else was wrong! Good catch by checking it all out and not being "taken". ME LIKEY!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

yea it sucked. i guess i had high hopes as this guy seemed like a striaght shooter but far from it. damn craigslist. but yeah ill try the aod adjustments. i talked to a friend of mine today and he has a brand new t5 but he isnt sure if he want to get rid of it. so a t5 still isnt out of my mind just yet. thanks matt
          1984 mercury grand marquis ls rebuilt 306 flat top pistons with factory cfi and lincoln headers with single glasspack dual snorkle air cleaner. Gloss black paint with slick top coversion.
          1986 mercury grand marquis colony park 5.0 sefi dual exhuast thrush turbos with h pipe and turbines

Comment

Originally posted by 84merc951 View Post
            finally went down to take a ride in the mustang with the aod. before we left for a drive i took a glance under the gt and saw the trans rear seal was leaking but everything else looked clean. went for a dirve and it felt sluggish but figured it was cold. od felt funny but when we got back i checked the atf and it was brownish in color and smelled burnt. so i didnt get the trans and cant seem to figure why the guy said the fluid was nice and clean . it also shifted quite hard. i asked if it has a shift kit and he said its all original. so i guess i did the right thing by not buying it. for now i think i might do what gadget said and turn the tv up a bit. but i think it might be up already because it shifts into od at about 45 mph. ill try that and a fluid change and maybe for giggles clean the governor.
            That sounds normal 45mph with 2.73s or 3.08 rear gearing.

Comment

dam there are lots of scammers out there trying to sell pos transmissions. about turning the tv pressure up a bit. should i just go to my tv rod and turn the screw out 2 turns and see if that helps. i looked up the gear ratio in the rear and its a 3.08 and is shifting into od at 40 mph. thanks matt

Comment

yeah try that. ust remember how much you adjusted it so you can un-adjust if need be. Also, there is a bushing on the TV rod at the CFI unit. Or at least there is supposed to be. Make sure its there yet.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

okay i truned it in 2 turns and it made a big improvement. crispper shifts and a little less sluggesh. the down shift issue did seem a little better. im thinking about changing the fluids one more time and putting some mercon V and a bottle of lucas. will mercon v be a better option or is there another fluid thats a little thicker and better for old trannys. thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X