No announcement yet.

ES poly front bushings ('92-'97)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that part number is lower arm bushings, upper arm bushings, and coil spring insulators

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Alrght wish me luck and thanks for putting up with me.

Comment

Hey I got my es poly bushings (4.3153) and one of the two bottom bushing is smaller than the other why is this?

Comment

because the lower control arms use two different bushings on each side from 79-94

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Ok so that means the 02 lower control arms I have are useless. Unles I had bought part# 4.3130 right? I'm just upset cause I had the 02 arms sandblasted and painted... But if I use the original arm everything will be well.

Comment

I was just looking at energysuspension.com, and it *looks* like you can't buy stuff directly off the website. Or is there some hidden link you have to know about?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

You have to go through a dealer, i.e. Jeg's, Summit, or any other number of companies.

Comment

Energysuspensionparts.com easy, helpful, and fast. They order it form energysuspension.com.

Comment

energysuspensionparts.com, I think that's the good place to buy the stuff.

One place was good, one place was assholes. I don't remember where I bought my stuff from, Scott knows though.

I googled it, yeah, energysuspensionparts.com, suspension.com were the a-holes..
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

How much of the original bushing casing do you save? The inner and putter sleeve or just the outter sleeve. I can't see being able to save the inner sleeve

Comment

gotta save the outer sleeves......just burn out the rubber

i get my bushings from energysuspensionparts.com
                        can also get the bushings at autozone, but they charge more

Comment

Do i need to put washers on the outside of the bushings since the original rubber bushings had a washer built onto the inner sleeve?

Comment

yea you need to use the washers on the upper arms........clean them up real good, and also get new upper control arm nuts

Comment

And clean and polish the hell out of those washers, paint them and lube them well. The locknut info is in the sticky... buy em from mcmaster.com.
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Do the washers just push out I would assume they are just rusted in, and a hammer would loosen things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X