No announcement yet.

clicking upon just b4 stopping and just after accel'ing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to try to duplicate it, but to me it sounds like somethign knockking against the frame or something.
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I need to put new springs and shocks in my front because i think i have a little spring sag in the front, while I was there, I might as well change the control arm bushings and ball joints, NICE write up BTW SLACK!!!

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Thanks! I should have done the control arm bushing while I was changing everything but just ran too short on time. My front end was pretty sloppy when I did the change. It really helped a lot. I went Gas-A-Justs and the HD Moog springs and ball joints. Nice and firm! Looking forward to hearing how yours comes out.

I think I found out what my issue was while out at lunch trying to duplicate the sound in the parking lot. I forgot to zip tie the headlight wiring harness back up after taking the zip tie off to take the bumper off. That was smacking around when I braked. Also after a few hard brakes, this little guy fell out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shock_bushing_found.png
Views:	1
Size:	618.5 KB
ID:	1274495

One of the bushings from my old shocks was still rattling around in the frame. My sound might be solved. Maybe yours is something similar? A loose bolt or nut rolling around in the engine bay?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

After doing an oil change on the Lincoln Penzoil Yellow bottle and purolator filter 10W40 BTW, lol

i lifted the car up and pushed it down, while i was doing that and it was making that noise, i took my other hand and feltaround the shock and spring on the drivers side...BINGO!! i felt the click coming from the shock and spring, so i am assuming it is high time to change it

MOOG 8114 constant rare coil springs (for signature series town car- didn't know they had springs for every trim level)
          and MOOG Ball joints
          What bushings should I get for my car????? so many choices

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

its probably not the springs. More than likely its the shock bushings, or maybe the spring isn't quite positioned correctly. The springs don't usually fail in a way that makes them noisy unless a coil broke. They're also a bitch to change, so unless you are doing ball joints and control arm bushings anyway, I would not be fooling with the springs.

If you are, control arm bushings are your call. If you like the stock Lincoln ride, get stock replacement rubber bushings. If you don't mind some more noise and road feel and want better handling, you want polyurathane.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X