No announcement yet.

MegaMerc destructed rear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if its a 90s thing. The 90-91 boxes had the same type of parking brake pedal as the round cars. Cables may be different than older boxes but the same as what the round cars want. I've been meaning to see if the front cable on a box can be swapped to something else so the cables all just fit without having to make anything. Probably will get to that next time mine breaks, which I have scheduled for the Teusday after the end of eternity.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I stuck my nose under the car to squirt some penterating oil on it. The bolts are torx heads! What were they thinking?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

All of them or just the two right above the differential like most I've seen?
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The Torx thing was not one of their more brilliant moments. No argument there.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            All of them or just the two right above the differential like most I've seen?

Yeah, just the uppers.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Recieved gear install/bearing kit. Ordering a maincap support cover soon. Still don't have a new rear though.

Comment

Has anyone been to Crazy Ray's yards in MD? Any good?

Probably going to Harry's and/or EZ Pull next Fri.

EZ will haul it to the gate won't they?

Thanks

Comment

Aftermarket rear end main caps would be first on my list they dont need line honed but mating surface has to be trimmed for proper fit.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                    Has anyone been to Crazy Ray's yards in MD? Any good?

Probably going to Harry's and/or EZ Pull next Fri.

EZ will haul it to the gate won't they?

Thanks
                    Been a few years since I was at Ray's. It was OK, not a huge yard tho.

EZ Pull has a couple boxes at least. They will usually drag a diff up the hill for you if you either flag down one of the guys in the truck or go up to the window and ask. If you don't need the control arms and don't mind paying a couple bucks, you can get the torch dude to cut the arms for you to get the rear quickly instead of having to fight with the bolts under the car.

Comment

greble u pull it is closer to you.....myerstown

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                        greble u pull it is closer to you.....myerstown
                        COOL, THANKS!

I didn't know about this place.

I'll call them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X