No announcement yet.

Making a box not handle like a box..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm simply trying to get some opinions of what suspension to do next, I'm well aware of the tires situation and I've been trying to find something of my taste. That's also why the tires are not having any mercy shown against them, going bald. Very quickly.. They're all at 40PSI, I have noticed the drivers rear outer edge is showing wear.

I will most likely buy used tires, as I wouldn't want to destroy 250$ of rear tires in a couple weeks. But.. I plan to buy 255/50/17s. IF I can find some bullitt wheels... Or 1.5-1.75" spacers to try on and see if my current 17" 05 GT rims will look correct.

Current ideas.
    So yes, 200# rear coils with Bilsteins all around.
    17" Rims & Tires
    Box rear control arms, poly bushings. (This will happen when I do an Aero rear swap.)
    New front swaybar. The wagon is larger than the PI, correct?

Need to find bullitts for a /not/ shitty price...
    Last edited by Bobcat; 05-08-2015, 08:51 AM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Wagon and PI front bar are pretty much the same. Wagon is hollow, PI is solid, there's really not that big of a difference between the two in the end.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Got Bilsteins HD all around, 15 x 8 steelies and 245-60-15 T/A's black side out.. Pretty good handling for me. Front and rear PI bars and ES bushings up front as well as rebuilt front suspension. I suggest all of the front suspension components be taken care of first. When I hit a curve at speed, I actually feel the Bilsteins push back.
        Wherever you point the front end this baby goes.
        90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
        90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
        91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
        70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Originally posted by stinkydogfilms View Post
          Got Bilsteins HD all around, 15 x 8 steelies and 245-60-15 T/A's black side out.. Pretty good handling for me. Front and rear PI bars and ES bushings up front as well as rebuilt front suspension. I suggest all of the front suspension components be taken care of first. When I hit a curve at speed, I actually feel the Bilsteins push back.
          Wherever you point the front end this baby goes.
          Front suspension is already all rebuilt with ES bushings, 925# coils and gas adjusts.

I'm going to get coils for the rear before any other suspension changes take place. Then I'll find a wagon or PI bar and get new shocks.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Get Addcos. Stock bars suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
              Get Addcos. Stock bars suck.
              The Addco rear for boxes is garbage.
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You can buy these: http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/4999825964.html

Those will fit tires wide compared to stock, and low profile. Those made my 87 LX handle very well. Stock size for those is 225/55/16 but 245/50 will fit without a problem and be a big step up, wider and lower profile, and that size is very cheap for new tires.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                  You can buy these: http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/4999825964.html

Those will fit tires wide compared to stock, and low profile. Those made my 87 LX handle very well. Stock size for those is 225/55/16 but 245/50 will fit without a problem and be a big step up, wider and lower profile, and that size is very cheap for new tires.
                  Aren't exactly.. my taste.. Also, 16" is too small.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Well you said since you're a high schooler, you want cheap. Those are cheap and the tires for it are cheap too. If you want a bigger wheel it's probably gonna cost more and so will the tires. Sell the wheels you have and find pre-04 style Bullitt wheels.
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Buy my 17x9 D windows with brand new 255/50/17 Nitto 555's

Comment

I'm just gonna tag along on this thread with a question...
                        I have a police rear swaybar and looked at installing it the other day but my control arms only have 1 hole, do I have to drill a hole or get police control arms?
                        I put the front one on in place of the wagon one, the wagon one is lighter and hollow, I just need balance now.
                        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          Buy my 17x9 D windows with brand new 255/50/17 Nitto 555's
                          If only I had several hundred dollars to spend on rims, I would gladly.

~ Priorities.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
                            I'm just gonna tag along on this thread with a question...
                            I have a police rear swaybar and looked at installing it the other day but my control arms only have 1 hole, do I have to drill a hole or get police control arms?
                            I put the front one on in place of the wagon one, the wagon one is lighter and hollow, I just need balance now.
                            Lots of people just drill the hole. Some of us also had to bend the lip down a bit to allow the swaybar to line up with the hole. Easy on the car with some big vice grips.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                              Lots of people just drill the hole. Some of us also had to bend the lip down a bit to allow the swaybar to line up with the hole. Easy on the car with some big vice grips.
                              I will assume that the hole present on my control arm is the front and everything should just line up right if I bolt that on?
                              1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

"Should"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X