Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TommyN
    Looking good.

Why the yellow oil pan?
    Thanks.

My dad did the rest of the engine when we picked up the long block. I had to go to Shreveport on business, so I wasn't part of the last engine build. I got home and saw yellow paint on the garage floor in the exact shape of a dual sump oil pan and just about freaked. I looked underneath and wanted to die. My car had a YELLOW oil pan and yellow 5.0L plate. It's so embarassing.

I'm going to have it sandblasted and I'm repainting it. Most likely black. Possibly blue. I'm thinking black block, heads, and brackets, and blue oil pan, valve covers, and water pump.

Opinions?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Balck and blue sounds good!

I've only got one blue piece on my engine.

Comment

you think a yellow oil pan is bad?

here is my old one
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Tomorrow I'll start tearing down, swapping parts, etc. I'll also use my two gallons of Super Clean to get the engine bay degreased and ready for install. I'm going to pick up a steering box from a later model CV PI as soon as Scott tells me which one it is I need. Hmm... I'll dig through the other thread and see if I can find it.

I'll paint the block and heads after they're reassembled and I'm bringing the valve covers and oil pan to a friend to be blasted. Since my dad has bought another car, I can drive his truck (1994 Ranger with a stick) and be more careful doing this swap and get back into the hang of shifting between gears.

2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Your car has a miss.

Good deal. Gotta love progress.

And black = hard to find leaks. This can be good or bad, depending. I wish I'd painted my engine, but I ran out of time / got lazy so it didn't get done. If I'd felt compelled to stay another hour I could have done it, but by the time I got the engine re-assembled it was like 3 am and I had to work in the morning, and I still had an hour drive ahead of me.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
              Your car has a miss.
              Whose?

I gotta stop so I can start !!

Comment

Since my car is black, I think when I scrape together some funds and rebuild my spare 302 I'll paint it a dark gun metal grey or a dark reddish maroon to match the interior. I'm not a big fan of black on an engine either, I think a darker or vibrant blue would be cool since your car is grey. just my .02 cents

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Lookin good mang

When I go to do my engine, gonna paint it a nice red color, probably take the chrome Valve Covers and use some of that red transparent paint on them, make it look good
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Classic ford blue all teh way.
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Silver and blue
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        Your car has a miss.
                        Whose?
                        Yours has a miss. A real big one. like all 8 cylinders.

I think I'm gonna try and paint mine when I do the headers. Most likely standard Ford Blue. I did one of my VW engines in Ford dark blue and stood about 3 feet away and speckled it with white. It looked just like those pots you can buy. It looked damn good surprisingly.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The silver and black wheels in the foreground of the first picture will be used when I get my next set of tires. I think they'll look good. Then, I think I'm gonna need to steal Duce's idea about the black Cragar's-- Those are teh coolness.

Feed me!!

Look at the grime!!

It's a stare-down!!

Comment

Explorer Stuff...

It was built in 10/96, which leads me to believe it's not a P, but here are the engine pictures. Anyone have ideas of what I can do to replicate the throttle stuff? I have a feeling I'm going to just suck up the purchase of the EGR spacer and try to find someone to bore out the stock piece- it all depends on how it looks... but still trying to find an easier way to do the throttle bracket. (Remember, I don't need to worry about the TV cable.)

The cable reaching across from the passenger fender is the cruise control. If you look, you can see the other cable going to the firewall- that's the accelerator. I wish I could have taken things apart to look at the actual bracketry, but his wife had to get going.

Comment

You can see that the EGR hole in the center is filled, meaning I have/had external EGR. Where do I go from here with it, Mercracer?

Enough said!

Bottom end doesn't look too bad...

Comment

Hmm, I'm thinking, can't you just use stock explorer cables? The one for the cruise should be able to make a loop in the opposite direction (if looked from above it'd be turning clockwise, and not CCW as it is now) and go to your servo on the left fender, and the accelerator cable can probably go unchanged. As you said, the TV cable is not an issue here.

Comment

Working...
                                X