Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freshmeat
    Also, am I supposed to remove this from the oil filter mount location? I can't get a grip on it at all.
    You need to use one of those socket doohickies that go on the end of those wratchet thingamabobs

And don't throw it out when you get it off.

Comment

I don't have any socket thingies anywhere near large enough for that.

Why not throw it out once it's off?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Why not throw it out once it's off?
        It is probably worth $5 or more on E-bay. It is the same part used on early Boss 302/Boss 429/429SCJ/ etc. for the oil coolers.

I don't have any socket thingies anywhere near large enough for that.
        Sears is having their after Thanksgiving sales today

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
          Sears is having their after Thanksgiving sales today
          Don't tell me shit like that! I just got paid today!!
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Don't tell me shit like that! I just got paid today!!
            CHA-- CHING!!!!!!!

Comment

I went to the junk yard today. I picked up the following:

Mustang "5.0 H.O." plate (if it'll fit, I'll have a choice of which to use)
              Speaker bezels for the front doors (maroon, but I have interior paint)
              The wiring harness for the T5 reverse lights
              Throttle and cruise control cables from a 4.6l Lincoln TC... I have a few ideas of what I can do. I think these will be long enough for any possibilities.

Son's nap time- update later with pictures.

Comment

Going to a welder tomorrow for some quick welds. Ignore the fact that the clutch stuff is not straight- it's just not welded in, yet.

Tomorrow, I'll go get a hole saw the size of my firewall adjuster, measure the hole for the clutch cable, and do all this pedal/brake booster swapping and all the clearance "trimming" except for the shifter hole. Hopefully- depends on the weather.

Comment

That is going to be the phattest waggin once its done. A T-5 in a wagon has gotta be uber-ultra-rare. Good work so far man
                  1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar
                    That is going to be the phattest waggin once its done. A T-5 in a wagon has gotta be uber-ultra-rare. Good work so far man
                    Thanks... this has pushed my mechanical ability and knowledge far beyond what it was before I found the other site. Shortly after, GMGT invited me here.

It doesn't look like I'll get to the installation today, since my mom's being lazy and my babysitter has a real job, now.

Comment

We made a lot of progress last night. The main girdle required lots of grinding on the spine of the oil pump, the stud right below the oil pump, and the girdle itself. I'll post up very detailed pictures of that tonight.

We also installed the new double-roller timing assembly. The stock was a single roller... I thought they were double, but it wasn't. My lopo stock was double, though. We had fitment issues and snapped the FRPP thrust plate, not realizing the cam had slipped out of the block slightly, but we put the stock piece back on (th supplied plate was only for 351w, anyway) and it's fine. We were having fitment issues, but I realized he was trying to put the crank sprocket backwards and all is well. He'd never dealt with a double roller before and I'd never dealt with aftermarket timing equipment, so it took a few minutes, but we got it.

I stripped down all the brackets and sprayed the Hell out of them with engine cleaner. They look good and the black paint on the painted ones looks great, so I'll leave them as they are. The less work the better. Tonight, we'll clean up the CV oil pan and paint it, as well as clean up the block and paint it. We may even start to reassemble the top end, but I think I'm going to give it a day or two to dry.

It's coming along nicely, though. We hope to get the engine and transmission mounted this weekend, which would allow me to do the random wiring and such in my afternoons after work.

Comment

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

I snapped the front passenger side lower intake manifold bolt while removing it to paint the motor. I've tried drilling into it a bit and using a reverse-cut drill bit, but nothing is working.

I've dulled three drill bits and broken two. None of my local connections with welders are available. Those that are refuse to come help.

[/rant]

Comment

Fuckin assholes :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

It broke in the head itself? That sucks. EZ-Outs are frickin useless tools. About all they ever seem to do is break off in the bolt, and since they're hardened, you can't drill them out. Soak the hell out of it in some penetrating oil and let it sit for a while. Maybe it'll loosen and you can get something to grab it and break it loose.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                              . EZ-Outs are frickin useless tools. About all they ever seem to do is break off in the bolt, and since they're hardened, you can't drill them out.
                              You have to be smarter than the tool

If the bolt broke because it was rusted or otherwise frozen, some times it takes heat or other methods in addition to your ez-out. Never apply more torque than the ez-out is meant for.

Comment

Re: [rant] Fucking bolt...

I've dulled three drill bits and broken two.
                                Get the head off and work on it off of the engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X