Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freshmeat
    Originally posted by Mercmarquis
    looks great!!
    Those valve covers are sweet!
    Thanks! The VCs are from the 1984 Mustang GT I was building in high school.
    I've been busting my ass (and five tools) all day on these motor mounts. On Scott's advice, I loaned a friend's spring compressors and I'm gonna compress the springs and drop the lower control arms. I'll give a full write-up if I can get decent pictures. I've tried wobble extensions (broke one), full-out swivels (broke three), in 1/2 drive and 3/8 drive. I also twisted a 6" 3/8 extension. I'm about to get back on it. I'm not sleeping until this is done.
    i was trying to cut the control arm off of the parts car i was getting my pass. side mount from. My passenger side mount is in with only 2 bolts.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
      My passenger side mount is in with only 2 bolts.
      Yeah.. if I can't get this LCA to work with me, I'm grinding off the bolt and only running two. This is ridiculous.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Have you swapped motor mounts on a box? What did you do?
        I can't get the spring compressors on the springs, so that idea is out. I tried just dropping the inner side of the lower control arm, but I can't get the bolt out.
        I'm out of ideas. Someone please throw me one.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

And now we see why Thain's car has original motor mounts under that new engine I actually didn't even attempt it. I looked at it, scratched my head and took the motor mounts back. I'll replace them when I rebuild the front suspension.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Those stock headers are designed to be easily installed by robots and stuck into the car on the engine. They didn't really design them with performance as the primary goal. Besides, if they had made a totally awesome stock header, who would buy aftermarket? I know I wouldn't.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Kinda like those explorer headers, those things are freakin hideous lol
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

All I did was pull the wheels and had the front end in the air. A tight squeeze, but I didn't remove anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                  All I did was pull the wheels and had the front end in the air. A tight squeeze, but I didn't remove anything else.
                  That's not working for me. I've tried wobble extensions, swivels, everything. Both 3/8 and 1/2.

Comment

mine hsould never need replacment. if anything happens i will just re-weld them.
                    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

oh those things are horrible

Comment

You're right about that!!

Comment

But hey #8 cylinder has good flow LOL!!!!

Comment

SHIT! Never seen them without the heat shield on them before. They really scream PERFORMANCE don't they?
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                              SHIT! Never seen them without the heat shield on them before. They really scream PERFORMANCE don't they?
                              Actually, those are before they started using tubular manifolds, so those are cast and don't have heat shields.

Comment

Ahhhhh
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Working...
                                X