Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell, I couldn't do all that in a week...

Comment

There's not much to it, really. One bolt for the bushings, four screws on each pedal (sixteen total), six screws on the booster, and four more screws on the pedal housing.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

...but now, I gotta remember where I stored that damn booster...
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
          I hate it when that happens.

Pant(her)-less® :nonono:
          Save the Whales -- Harpoon a Honda.
          There are three ways to get something done:
          (1) Do it yourself.
          (2) Hire someone to do it for you.
          (3) Forbid your kids to do it.

Comment

How bout you get off your ass, leave the computer and go do it!

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Hey! Don't talk to me like that!
              Everyone knows it takes at least one bottle of go-juice before anything can be accomplished!

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                It was bolted to the pedal assembly.
                :nonono:

Comment

rofl

Pant(her)-less® :nonono:
                  Save the Whales -- Harpoon a Honda.
                  There are three ways to get something done:
                  (1) Do it yourself.
                  (2) Hire someone to do it for you.
                  (3) Forbid your kids to do it.

Comment

I'm a failure...
                    I didn't get it completed. I forgot that I had to remove the entire fucking steering column. That's not such a big deal... in the day time... when I can see. At night, by the light of a halogen lamp on the outside of the car, it's more complicated. I updated my actual progress HERE. I really wanted to have this completed tonight...:nonono:

Comment

Well... I did the following:

Assembled the pedal assembly with new clutch shaft bushings
                      Installed the new pedal covers on the clutch and brake pedals
                      Removed entire steering column
                      Permanently removed the rest of the column shifter equipment (cut-off wheel)
                      Removed old brake booster
                      Removed old pedal assembly (required cutting it to get the speedo cable out, since someone looped it through the housing)
                      Drew a template for the clutch cable hole
                      Drilled the clutch cable hole (going to put a thick grommet, too)

Like I said, I didn't get as far as I wanted, but had it not been for the steering column and such, I'd have completed my list of things to do. I should be home by 4pm tomorrow, giving me a couple hours of daylight to hopefully get the pedal assembly back in and begin putting everything back together. Only problem is, it appears I'm going to need to "trim" (with a cut-off wheel) part of the dash to clear the quadrant. I mounted the pedal and quadrant low to avoid this, but it appears I'll need to do it, anyway. The biggest issue is that I think it's part of the channel involved with the windshield wiper valley. I couldn't see, though, so I'll need to take a good long look at things tomorrow before chopping away.

Comment

Are you using a new 92+ style booster? How is the fitment to the pedal assembly? Considering this for a replacement unit should mine fail, as they're a little smaller in diameter. No special need for this, just seems like a little smaller would need less fighting to get it into place.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thats ok.......had to strip a car today for some flywheel bolts i lost

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yes, I have the 1992+ booster. I have had it bolted to the pedal assembly for quite some time, now, waiting to go in... fits just fine. I haven't installed it, yet, because I need to mock up the pedals and everything a few times to see how much I'm cutting out of the dash. I'm hoping to complete all the pedal installation today- if I can find batteries for my camera, I'll take pictures and post them up.

Comment

I've been working on it some more... not complete, but I'm making slight progress. I mocked up everything to figure out exactly what needs to be done. Two or three more cuts and everything will start going back together.
                              It's just hard cutting with a Dremel while laying upside down on the floorboard with the front seat still in the car.
                              I'm somewhat drunk, so this should turn out interesting! Back to work...
                              Chop, chop!!

Comment

Man, I'll tell you... this shit is a pain in the ass.
                                I'm exhausted. Just wrapped up about five minutes ago. I placed the pedal assembly, measured, cut, placed the assembly, measured, cut, etc.
                                It's just REALLY hard to get accurate measurements while upside down and in this situation. To add to it, when I expanded the opening in the channel on the underside of the dash, I cut the wrong fucking side. So... I basically haven't accomplished anything today. I didn't realize the cut was wrong until the booster was bolted up and everything.

...speaking of which, I need a new master cylinder. Turns out, the different booster is not a direct swap. The M/C bolts are spread SLIGHTLY further apart on the 1992+ boosters, so M/C needs to be swapped at the same time.

I'm fucking exhausted and slightly depressed, now. I'm finding LOTS of problems with this entire set-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X