Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as am i building teh superlinc..........keep plugging at it........hell i was 5 min away from giving up on teh big brake swap on my car in 04.......dont give up!
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Fuck that. I'm not even close to giving up... just almost to the point of becoming a little more daring with the way I'm doing things. I have my son this weekend, so I won't get a lot done, but I'm gonna try to get after it tomorrow or Sunday, weather permitting. I'm REALLY determined to get this pedal stuff completed this weekend. All I really need to do is pull it back out, make the right cut, put it back in and hook up all the BS wiring, vacuum, etc.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

pick up both my cars on the way

Comment

Come join me in VA!

Comment

I don't have anyone local here in LA. This really sucks. People just don't understand. I know a guy in a local car club who is sympathetic toward Panthers, but he already has two trucks and a 500+rwhp turbo notchback, so he isn't ready for another car.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Well... knocked out a few more things...

Installed pilot bearing
              Installed billet steel flywheel
              Installed FRPP KC clutch/pressure plate

:banana:

Also included a quick shot of the pedals (not finalized) and all the shit hanging down from my dash.

Comment

If I was a cartoon...

I'd have steam billowing out of my ears. I'm so fucking pissed right now.:nonono:

We had it in place, but the fucking motor mount bolts (THE SAME FUCKING ONES THAT CAME OUT WITH THE OLD MOTOR) aren't threading. In fact, they're stripping. It's like someone swapped the bolts on me.

Fucking bullshit... now, I'm fucked for making any progress until at least Monday next week because I have absolutely no fucking money and I don't get paid until Friday, but even then, I have my son this weekend.

Fucking ridiculous...

Comment

:nonono: :nonono:

Sonovabitch
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

if the motor is slightly cockeyed sitting in there you wont get them strait in and they will strip. Its a pita fo shizzle
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I pulled the engine back out and couldn't get the bolts to thread in. I'm serious- I tried EVERYTHING.

Comment

That sucks.
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

weld it in.

sorry

Comment

Gentlemen, I'm back in business. Andree bought me the bolts today. :banana:

I still need a 7" long intake bolt, though. The bolt shop only had up to 6" bolts. Gonna look around the shop tomorrow at work and see if they have anything, but I really doubt they will.

Comment

Sweet!!!!!
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Good news, guys!!

Last edited by Freshmeat; 03-01-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X