Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is...
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I'm gonna steal my dad's driveshaft from his 1990 wagon and see if it fits. I doubt they actually made a difference between 1989 and 1990, but I know two guys who used 1990+ for this and neither needed to shorten their driveshafts. So... I am going to try my dad's if it works, I'm going to get an aluminum shaft (I've heard the local junkyard has one for $30) and call it a day. If it doesn't, I've found out about a few local driveshaft shops where I can take it to have the work done.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

The console in pre 86 stangs does come up to the dash. Its pretty narrow though. I can take pics of the one in my 83 capri and 89 notch if ya need em.
        1989 Grand Marquis LS
        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Well, I test-fit the driveshaft from my dad's wagon (1990 CV) and it is the right length... but I'll need to change either the pinion-side flange or the shaft-side flange in order for it to work. I'm going to get the pinion-side flange when I get the driveshaft, just in case.
          It's REALLY agitating at this point.

On a better note:

The clutch equipment is entirely complete- it's even adjusted!
          I hooked up the gauges and fuel lines...
          A couple other random things. It's bed time. I have a picture of the flanges, but I'll post them up later.

Comment

The lower driveshaft is my dad's from his 1990 CV wagon. Notice that, if anything, his is longer. But it fits.

Here, it's quite apparent that the 1990+ driveshaft rear flange is significantly larger than the pinion flange. To fix this, I'll need either the pinion flange from a 1990+ or I'll need the combination U-joint mentioned earlier.

Comment

Dig the updated list. It's shrinking!!

Comment

Been working on it a lot today. It's a bitch finding all the bolts for an engine four months after it was removed...
                my poor 351W is missing half the accessory bolts, now. :nonono:

About to get back to it. It's looking GOOD.
                Still need to find a driveshaft, though.

Comment

I've been working at it with any free time available this weekend. Here's how far I've made it:

I've also noticed a few random bolts have turned up missing and I need another big radiator hose clamp, but other than that, I'm almost done. I still hadn't actually bolted down the upper intake and the EGR isn't even in the picture (was testing for clearance with the 1" phenolic spacer), but it's come a long way...

Comment

Making this list has been a HUGE help. It has allowed me to keep track of how things go, what I've done, and what I need. It has grown a lot since the initial post, but it's finally starting to dwindle down.

I'm so anxious to get this thing running!

Comment

Good job!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

good work mang...........pm me your address and shipping money and i'll ship out that shifter handle

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How do you plan for me to PM you shipping money? Hehehe.

Comment

I picked up an aluminum driveshaft and master cylinder today, as well as pocketing the bolt for one of the upper radiator supports, since I lost one of mine.

I need the combo joint to put the shaft on my rear flange adapter- I'm about to go pick it up. All that'll be left at that point is the EGR resistor and custom block-off plate. Oh- I also still need to have the front pipes on my exhaust replaced up to the H-pipe (and delete the cats while I'm at it).

I can almost smell the exhaust fumes...

Comment

A conversation with Scot...

Here's a bit of a conversation Scott and I had just now. I think some of you could get a kick out of it. I laughed... so out of it I hadn't even realized what I wrote until I already sent it.

Xpistou83 (5:13:35 PM): Got the shaft today.
                              Lincolnmania (5:14:18 PM): supposed to give the shaft.......dunno if i wanna answer that hehe
                              Xpistou83 (5:14:53 PM): Hehhe.
                              Xpistou83 (5:15:12 PM): $27 for an aluminum shaft.
                              Xpistou83 (5:15:20 PM): Any 1990+ is the same, yes?
                              Lincolnmania (5:15:26 PM): awesome
                              Lincolnmania (5:16:10 PM): actually the aode/4r70w have a different spline pattern on the output shaft me thinks
                              Xpistou83 (5:17:30 PM): When did they switch to that one?
                              Lincolnmania (5:17:57 PM): mid 92
                              Xpistou83 (5:18:55 PM): Okay.
                              Xpistou83 (5:19:04 PM): I may need two combo joints, then.
                              Xpistou83 (5:19:23 PM): Fuck... I didn't know that.
                              Xpistou83 (5:19:42 PM): Hmm... BRB. Gonna go test it out.
                              Xpistou83 (5:25:36 PM): Not fitting.
                              Lincolnmania (5:25:49 PM): shiznet
                              Xpistou83 (5:25:56 PM): It's a larger shaft on the driveshaft.
                              Lincolnmania (5:30:54 PM): gonna need to get creative with u-joints and yokes
                              Xpistou83 (5:35:15 PM): Yeah.
                              Xpistou83 (5:35:31 PM): Mom's at the parts store. Gonna look up a couple of things while she's there and see if I can pull this off.
                              Xpistou83 (5:41:55 PM): Precision Joint Part #353
                              Xpistou83 (5:42:04 PM): Front and rear joints are the same on both driveshafts.
                              Xpistou83 (5:42:27 PM): That's a combination joint that'll fit both the 1996 driveshaft and the 1989 yoke/pinion adapter.
                              Lincolnmania (5:42:40 PM): give it a shot
                              Xpistou83 (5:42:55 PM): I'm gonna.
                              Xpistou83 (5:43:12 PM): The 1996 shaft is .5"-1" shorter.
                              Xpistou83 (5:43:15 PM): The yoke is huge, though.
                              Xpistou83 (5:45:25 PM): (Long, that is.)
                              Lincolnmania (5:51:39 PM): git r dun
                              Xpistou83 (5:54:48 PM): Hell yes.
                              Xpistou83 (5:55:01 PM): Might have the shaft in tonight, but I had a potential "date" with a friend, so I'm not sure what's gonna happen.
                              Lincolnmania (5:55:29 PM): i havent had my end wet in a long time lol
                              Xpistou83 (5:55:50 PM): Wait...
                              Xpistou83 (5:56:09 PM): Putting the shaft in tonight and my "date" tonight have NOTHING to do with each other!!

Comment

lol

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X