Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's coming together. It's just that so many people telling me how bad ass this thing is going to be has gotten my hopes up and it's just really depressing how crappy it ran last night. Granted, I was entirely missing a sensor and I was on straight headers, but I don't know. We'll see.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Well, the IAC sensor will help, but there is alot of tuning to get it to run right, you should have an easier time than I am, because you are running alot less cam than me.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

The IAC is hooked up. It's the intake temp sensor. Two different things.

What kind of tuning are you talking?
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

That should work fine just so long as it has airflow.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
            Today made 5 months since I parked my wagon to do the HO swap.
            Haha! I got you beat you fucker!

:banana:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

mines been sitting a year and 4 months so i traded a computer for one that runs hahah

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
                Haha! I got you beat you fucker!

:banana:
                I DID drive it to the exhaust shop, so it wasn't actually five full months.

Comment

I drove it almost home. It was better after it got going (I plugged in the air temp sensor, but it was just hanging there- but I could DEFINITELY notice the difference), but it kept overheating. Bad.

I didn't let it get over 220, but it did spike to 230ish after parking it a couple of times. I left it in a parking lot near my house. Gonna go back by there soon and get it the rest of the way home.

I really think the overheating is due to running lean. The pinched fuel line is not opening up at all. Once I get it home, I'm not driving it again until the fuel line is repaired. It may have to wait until Friday, when I get paid... which means tonight and tomorrow night can be spent cleaning it for the first time in WAY too long.

Oh... it sounds god-awful strong. Just gotta take care of a few issues first.

Comment

No HO conversion for me! Slap on my 289 Heads (smog delete manditory), Summit Camshaft, Holley, Weiand Action/Plus, Lokar TV cable, and headers, and hope it runs on pump gas. Who cares if there is two inch thick sludge everywhere? Avoiding rather large problems that way, or least it seems to me. I'm no EFI tuner, though. I don't see downtime any more than two weeks, and hopefully everything will happen within a weekend. I'm hopeing for 200hp at the wheels.
                    The benfits of 1982 = Carb'ed fuel system and no computers (the carb computer doesn't count, the car runs without it).
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
                      No HO conversion for me! Slap on my 289 Heads (smog delete manditory), Summit Camshaft, Holley, Weiand Action/Plus, Lokar TV cable, and headers, and hope it runs on pump gas. Who cares if there is two inch thick sludge everywhere? Avoiding rather large problems that way, or least it seems to me. I'm no EFI tuner, though. I don't see downtime any more than two weeks, and hopefully everything will happen within a weekend. I'm hopeing for 200hp at the wheels.
                      The benfits of 1982 = Carb'ed fuel system and no computers (the carb computer doesn't count, the car runs without it).
                      Just watch out for that damned holley.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                        The IAC is hooked up. It's the intake temp sensor. Two different things.

What kind of tuning are you talking?

INTAKE AIR CHARGE TEMP = IAC, but also easy to confuse with Idle air bypass. Fuel pressure, TPS voltage, idle air bypass( the adjustment screws I'm pretty sure you got ), and whatever else is required to get it running right.

Comment

I lost the service write-up on the bypass thing, so I don't know how to adjust it. What do I do for TPS voltage?
                          Gonna do fuel pressure and timing ASAP.

Comment

I picked up some fuel hose and clamps today. Gonna cut off the stock "flex" section on the pressure side and see if that works.

Comment

You'll need the instructions for the bypass plate. You need to adjust that to spec, then do the TPS.

Comment

How do I adjust the TPS, though? I've never heard of adjusting it...

Comment

Working...
                                X