Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yea man. Best of luck to ya.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Sweet.

And, just to question the obvious, you did verify you have oil pressure on some sort of guage, right? No oil pressure will also make clattery top end noises. Moneypit is right on this one, it means no pressure or overheat. You'd know if it was overheat. It might be that its not primed up. If thats the case, pull the distributor, get yourself a 1/4" (or maybe its 5/16, i forget) socket that can be attached to a drill. Stick the sockey onto the oil pump driveshaft and spin the shit out of it with the drill. You'll know when it starts making pressure because the drill will bog down. Just make sure its spinning the right direction or you'll be there all day getting nothing done.
      Last edited by gadget73; 03-27-2006, 04:24 AM.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Moneypit is only halfway right.

The ENGINE light only comes on for low/no oil pressure or overheating. However, I specifically stated that the CHECK ENGINE light is on, which is a different light and is indicative of the computer throwing a code of some sort.

...and believe me, if it didn't have oil pressure, it would have been making a lot more noise than a slight valve tap. This thing has an entirely new oiling system. It's okay.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I'm sorry if that came out rude. It's too fucking early in the morning.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

KICK ASS!!!
            2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Awesome man. Now go drive it. Screw exhaust leaks.
              1989 Grand Marquis LS
              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I don't even remember my car having a CEL... If I do it has never come on... even with a bad MAP sensor, 2 bad O2 sensors, a bad TPS and a bad TFI module all at the same time.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by freshmeat
                  I went back out and cranked it (with a second set of ears available). It's definitely making valve-to-cover contact on the passenger side toward the rear. That's where the oil baffle is for the originally-PCV valve opening. I think the baffle sits too low inside the cover. I'm gonna just go back to the black valve covers, I guess.
                  I had the same problem when I put my chrome V/C's on, started it up, tap tap tap tap. I had to search a while, hoping it wasn't teh valvetrain taking a shit, it was the left hand V/C, the baffle sat too low, luckily the baffle had a hole in it, took a slotted screwdriver and pryed it up a little, fixed teh problem. It doesn't take much for it to hit, try bending that baffle up a little with it running and see what happens
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Not all boxes have a CHECK engine light...just a fyi.

None of mine have had one.
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Weird, all mine have.
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Only engine lights here lol....I dunno...
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Maybe it's a Pennsylvania thing. :p

Comment

1990s got em.

89-back dont.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You sure? I'll go look in my parts pile and see if one of the clusters has a CEL. I know both the '91 and the '90 had 'em.

Comment

Yup, you're right. Doh!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X