Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still running hot. I wish it was as easy as low coolant. I'm really starting to believe the head gaskets are seeping a little bit.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Holy shit...

I drove it today (keep in mind, I advanced the timing 18* last night) after new plug wires...

This thing is FAST.

Still SLIGHTLY heating up, but I think I need a better radiator. Also caught a check engine light. Gonna hit the Zone tomorrow and see what it's about.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

NICE!!!!!

Comment

Fucken A mang, fucken A
          GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
          1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
          99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
          03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
          95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Didn't we tell you it would run once you got it debugged?

Is that the original radiator? It might just be that its plugged up with shit and won't cool properly.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah- it's original. 17 years old and 185,000ish miles. Gonna replace it with a 3-row or a 4-row.

Comment

SWEET!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Fuck yeah!!!
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Right on! :3gears:
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I want to play with it a little more before I start driving it daily again. I may go ahead and spring for some 3.73s and hold off on the traction lock until I can do that, too. We'll see.

I'm drunk. Been celebrating.

Gonna bump the timing another 2* tomorrow and see how it runs. I'm almost scared. hehehe... then the idea of the engine reving up roughly 30% faster... Mmm... torque...

Edit: Oh- and I REALLY need to come out of the throttle a LOT before I burn out the brand new clutch. The next 450 miles are gonna take forever!!

Comment

Glad to hear that beast is running like it should!
                        -Matt
                        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Congrats....I'll get that damn gearset and TL out this weekend...
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

:3gears:

The car sounds like it's wicked fun.
                            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Wait till you break that clutch in, and you will be chirping the tires into third easily :evil:
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I don't know about third- I have REALLY sloppy suspension... but I did light 'em up crazy-like pulling out of the driveway last night.

Like I said, I need to come out the throttle a lot. Hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X