Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook a test light in series with a battery terminal.

The light will be on if u have a current draw.

Pull a fuse, and replace it. Keep trying this with different fuses, until the light goes off.

When it does, look within that circuit for the draw.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Good idea. Gotta get the battery charged up, first. I hope it didn't kill it entirely.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
        Hook a test light in series with a battery terminal.

The light will be on if u have a current draw.

Pull a fuse, and replace it. Keep trying this with different fuses, until the light goes off.

When it does, look within that circuit for the draw.
        of course make sure doors are closed and clock is disconnected, radio too.
        2000 Grand Marquis LS
        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
        Mercury Owners Group member
        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

My buddy had the same problem and i had him to check for any blown bulb.. Might sound stupid but those blown bulbs will still pull current lke they are runing all the time. The lill filament in the middle was still touchin. He replaced the bulb and the battery drain he been fighting for 2 years gone.
          The Best
          Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

I'll need to look, but I can literally hear it from the engine bay, near the A/C equipment.
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

damm clock draws the battery on my towny.......gotta start it once a week if i'm not driving it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

I've been here for six months as of yesterday (Thursday). I have roughly 1,800 posts.

...and my Panther has only been operative for two weeks of all this. Makes me sick...

Comment

You'll get it done mang!
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You suck! AaHhhhhhhhhahaha

j/k foolio.
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Mine hasnt been tagged/reg'd in over a year :woot: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! !!!!

[Sniper]

ThE ThIrD PaRt Is NeArInG tHe EnD aNd WiLl Be ReAdY sOoN!!!

:bs: :usf: :stfu1: :needdrugs: :speakenglish: :speakenglish: :offtopic:

[/Sniper]
                      Last edited by phayzer5; 06-02-2006, 06:03 AM.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Well, if it's any consolation, I'm itching to have it legal and on the road again, soon... at which point I'll have a wheel-hopping burnout video for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

you want some milk and cookies or something????

Now who's the POST HO!!!!!!!!

Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                          RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                          Originally posted by p71towny
                          Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                          :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Give me back my thread!!
                            Next project is gonna be a rear end rebuild with 3.73s, LSD, and new (hopefully custom) control arms. Depends on if he'd be able to build them cheap enough to market to ya'll at a reasonable price. They'd be indestructible- he's an offroad fabricator and despite one truck (Ram 1500 at that) landing on ONE WHEEL from about three feet in the air, it didn't even bend his control arms.

If any of you would be interested in these, let me know, so I can tell him others would want them, too.

Comment

do you plan on dropping your car from 3 feet in the air?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Depends on if I'm in high speed pursuit of two motor bikes who just shot my friend with silenced fully automatic guns.

But ultimately, I know control arm strength is a huge factor in performance. This guy doesn't build things "to ge the job done". He builds things to last.

He built a bumper for a guy who subsequently hit a tree doing about 30mph... The seat bracket snapped, the frame cracked, and his battery was punctured, but the bumper didn't even dent. He knows his shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X