Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I am REALLY jealous!!!

I couldn't find a roller for the 460.

Anyway, Are you runnign dual springs or single?
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

They're single CompCams beehives.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

This thing was pulling like a raped ape before the new springs and header gaskets... I can't wait to drive it with the new gaskets and actually have a little torque behind it!
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Personally I'd use dual springs for rollers. singles will work well, but the added insurance is great. It sucks to loose cause a spring broke.
          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

These springs are HUGE. I have 'em on my other computer. I'm gonna host 'em and post 'em real quick.

Comment

Comment

Here's a huge pic of the springs from when i did the e7 swap way back. The heads came with new crane springs installed but never run. Compare them to the springs on the e6's next to em

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                  Yeah. The guy who gave me the springs said not to worry about the rotators in the exhaust- they're mostly there to help the valves rotate during low-RPM driving, which is what the Panthers are intended for. He said since I'll be revving it up a good bit, they'll be able to rotate well enough on their own.
                  Its not the rotatin but you will have two different spring heights and different spring pressue between intake and exhaust with out proper keepers on the exhaust.
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by blazingmarauder
                    Now I am REALLY jealous!!!

Anyway, Are you runnign dual springs or single?
                    Crane has them but you have to order custom push rods you musst measure to fit.
                    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by blazingmarauder
                      Now I am REALLY jealous!!!:

Just about everyone makes a roller cam for the 460....

Comment

Can I have my thread back?
                        Yeah- thanks!

I have a local who says he has some tall valve covers laying around. I was gonna go ahead and order some Edelbrock Elite series, but I'm gonna wait and see if he still has his.

Free > Fancy

Comment

I hit the junk yard today...

1990 Town Car:
                          Fan shroud
                          Overfill bottle
                          Wiper fluid reservoir

1999 Crown Victoria:
                          MAF
                          Intake tube
                          Air box

1991 Crown Victoria:
                          Rear swaybar

All I need now are the fender liner and Taurus fan and I'll have a lot more done. I had the access to the parts, but it was too hot and I was already about to fall out from dehydration.

Once I get the valve covers and get this other stuff straight, the drivetrain should be pretty much "done"... except the axle. Still need the T/L and 3.73s. Then it'll be on to the suspension. I'm gonna wait to install the rear swaybar until I can get new poly bushings and end links for the front, so it'll have the full effect all at once.

Comment

I have a maf & air box... Coulda given them to you cheap...I think the TC that you pulled the stuff off of would have the fenderwell you need.

Spend the 10 minutes and put the rear bar on.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'll be getting the new bushings and end links next week if I can manage things properly. I'd rather wait. I may even go back for the solid front out of that police unit.

I only paid $25 for the MAF and air box- probably would have paid that just in shipping. The TC had the same fender liner as the later Crown Victorias. If there was a difference, I couldn't tell.

Comment

Why didn't you pull it then?

I paid 20 shipped for my air box and MAF, woulda sold it to you for the same...
                                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                                X